hi, i have an iphone 3gs new boot on ios 4.0.2 and i want to downgrade to ios 4.0 so i can jailbreak and hacktivate it. i have read articles on how to downgrade rom ios 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 without shsh, can i use the same method to dowgrade from ios 4.0.2 to 4.0!!

Please Help

Thank you
    Iphone_Lover
    2010-09-25 05:06 PM
    hi, i have an iphone 3gs new boot on ios 4.0.2 and i want to downgrade to ios 4.0 so i can jailbreak and hacktivate it. i have read articles on how to downgrade rom ios 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 without shsh, can i use the same method to dowgrade from ios 4.0.2 to 4.0!!

Please Help

Thank you
    Iphone_Lover
    Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade without SHSHs. If you have found any guides that claim otherwise, they are simply wrong.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-09-25 05:58 PM
    Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade without SHSHs. If you have found any guides that claim otherwise, they are simply wrong.
    ios 4.1
    hi dhamien, can you tell me if the ios 4.1 jailbreak will hacktivate. and do all jailbreak now days hactivate, not the old ones, the new jailbreaks. thankyou for clearing my first problem, i will just wait for ios 4.1 but can you or anybody else help me with this new queastion i have had since i heard about shatter jailbreak. I really want to use my iphone 3gs new boot i got for my birthday from usa and i live in canada so i haven't used it yet. its on ios 4.0.2.

Thank you
    Iphone_Lover
    Last edited by dish_network; 2010-09-25 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-25 09:29 PM
    I have the same problem as dish.
    Help me please.
    2010-09-25 10:17 PM
    ios 4.1
    hi dhamien, can you tell me if the ios 4.1 jailbreak will hacktivate. and do all jailbreak now days hactivate, not the old ones, the new jailbreaks. thankyou for clearing my first problem, i will just wait for ios 4.1 but can you or anybody else help me with this new queastion i have had since i heard about shatter jailbreak. I really want to use my iphone 3gs new boot i got for my birthday from usa and i live in canada so i haven't used it yet. its on ios 4.0.2.

Thank you
    Iphone_Lover
    I don't know if the new jailbreak will hactivate. I haven't read anything about it. Though what you can do, is use a phonebook sim to activate the phone. That'll allow you to jailbreak and install ultrasn0w so you can use it with any carrier you'd like.

edit: scratch that, just remembered you're on 4.0.2, so no jailbreaking currently.

WARNING: do not update to 4.1! updating means no unlock! the baseband updates between 4.0.2 and 4.1 to a version that is not unlockable. when the time comes, there will be guides on how to update the firmware without updating the baseband (these methods have nothing to do with TinyUmbrella so if you read anything about that with regards to the baseband, they're mistaken and you should avoid it).
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-09-25 at 10:29 PM.
    2010-09-25 10:27 PM
    Hi again, do all jailbreaks releasing now days hacktivate and I could jailbreak ios 4.1 when it comes out by restoring an updating through itunes
    and then jailbreak do you anu stores in toronto,canada where they sell phonebook cards
    2010-09-25 10:34 PM
    Hi again, do all jailbreaks releasing now days hacktivate and I could jailbreak ios 4.1 when it comes out by restoring an updating through itunes
    and then jailbreak do you anu stores in toronto,canada where they sell phonebook cards
    Read the warning part of my last post. Don't just update to 4.1. The phonebook sim should work on any firmware, at least as far as I know.
    2010-09-25 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD