User Tag List

A newbe to this forum. I am usually reading guidelines and so on but I think I have messed up.

I just need some facts first.

I have an 3Gs with 4.0.2. from my friend that I was asked to downgrade if it was possible, so is it possible to downgrade? It has never joined cydia before.

I have used tinyumbrella to upload my shsh file, but here is what I think I have done wrong. I was setting the phone in recovery and was checking the info. Tiny said to check the the ecid, by that I accidently closed the software, opend it again and was uploading to cydia. When closing tiny and opening it again it was set to iPhone4 4.1, and I was reacting to late .

So I now think that I have my shsh file uploaded whith wrong info, am I right?
    How can I remove my post in that case and upload again doing it right Is it even possible?

Or am I just doing this work for nothing, though it isnt possible to downgrade to 4.0.1 because of having the phone in version 4.0.2?

/
    Regards
    Tuggarn, a dissoriented swede

" Come to the dark side, we have cookies "
    2010-09-26 09:33 AM
    It's pretty difficult for me to understand your post. I think something is lost in translation!

Basically, you should just plug the phone into the computer and start tinyumbrella. Go to advanced options and select all the firmwares for the 3GS (one after the other) and click Save my SHSH for each one. Which ever ones you can get are the ones you can restore to.

I think I've just understood your post! If you selected iphone4 firmware then tinyumbrella will not be able to get your SHSH files so it wouldn't have messed anything up.
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-09-26 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-26 01:14 PM
    Ok!

If it is what you say then I am lost. The only one that I was able to get was for the 4.1 version. I did an upload and saved my file.

So all I can do now is to wait, if no one else have some info that I have missed about jailbreaking. What I understand there is not a working way for 4.1, or is it?

/
    Tuggarn, the swede

"Come to the dark side, we have cookies"
    2010-09-26 07:27 PM
    Trust me, you are stuck my friend.

Hopefully you'll not be waiting too long, but you need a new jailbreak and an unlock.
    2010-09-26 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD