User Tag List

If you are with AT&T and on a contract and unlocking is not an issue then you just need to restore the phone to the stock apple 4.1 firmware and then Jailbreak it using either Limera1n or greenpois0n.

Remove from your host file the lines you just posted (removed everything with gs.apple.com). Make sure you have the latest iTunes. Connect your iPhone and press the restore button.

See if that will work.
    2010-10-18 07:17 AM
    Yeah , mark the middle line with a # infront of it like the 1st and 3rd line, save it and reboots. Now do the restore,
    2010-10-18 07:24 AM
    If you are with AT&T and on a contract and unlocking is not an issue then you just need to restore the phone to the stock apple 4.1 firmware and then Jailbreak it using either Limera1n or greenpois0n.

Remove from your host file the lines you just posted (removed everything with gs.apple.com). Make sure you have the latest iTunes. Connect your iPhone and press the restore button.

See if that will work.
    Yeah , mark the middle line with a # infront of it like the 1st and 3rd line, save it and reboots. Now do the restore,
    Both attempts failed.
    2010-10-19 02:30 AM
    Why fail ?
    2010-10-19 03:10 AM
    I have tried this on a 3GS 16 and 32gb. I shift+restore to a lower firmware like 3.1.3. In both cases, I got an error code 29 ( possible battery issue). I used tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery. The goal is to save any shsh possible. Sounds weird but it worked for me. Next, shift+restore to a higher firmware like 4.0.1. Error code 29 or 1611 will pop up. Just use tiny umbrella to kick it out again.
    My phone ended up cycling through the apple logo every 5-10 minutes. I ended up replacing the battery and this stopped the recycling of the apple logo. Then I used jailbreakme and ultrasn0w for the jailbreak and unlock.
    2010-10-23 03:52 PM
    I have tried this on a 3GS 16 and 32gb. I shift+restore to a lower firmware like 3.1.3. In both cases, I got an error code 29 ( possible battery issue). I used tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery. The goal is to save any shsh possible. Sounds weird but it worked for me. Next, shift+restore to a higher firmware like 4.0.1. Error code 29 or 1611 will pop up. Just use tiny umbrella to kick it out again.
    My phone ended up cycling through the apple logo every 5-10 minutes. I ended up replacing the battery and this stopped the recycling of the apple logo. Then I used jailbreakme and ultrasn0w for the jailbreak and unlock.
    I think you are still at 3.1.3.
    You look like you are like throwing Darts onto the Dart Board, a hit and missed the bull's eye.
    To successfully restore to a firmware for 3gs, you need to know if you have shsh .
    The latest tiny umbrella is very easy to use. Plug your iphone in, run it and highligh your device name on the left side and click save shsh. Whatever shsh you have with Cydia will be all downloaded onto your TU.
    2010-10-25 12:58 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD