User Tag List

Hi Guys,

There is a small ray of hope to people that has an iPhone 3GS old bootrom who foolishly believed redmonpie's Spirit2Pwn solution to upgrade to 4.1.

However, it does require you to have your 4.0.1 SHSH blobs saved in Cydia.

I have had my 3GS stuck in DFU mode since last night, So I scoured around for a solution and like most of you guys and it seems that a lot of people were suckered by spirit2pwn and finally accepted that I'd have to open my phone.

I left the phone overnight, and in the morning of course, its still in DFU (coz the battery was full the noght before). But then, I decided to simply restore my iOS to 4.0.1. I changed my host file to "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" then crossed my fingers and updated my phone with a 4.0.1 ipsw.

Then by a miracle, the phone turned white screen, rebooted, and went through the update process!, I've just jailbreakme the phone just now, and and finally I'm able to update to 4.1 with snowbreeze 2.0.1 using "jbme2pwn".
    2010-10-10 02:46 AM
    Hmmm, well let us konw how you get on with jbme2pwn.

You do have old bootrom right? Why did it screw up then? I've done 6 phones with spirit2pwn no problem.

Have you considered using limera1n instead?
    2010-10-10 05:48 AM
    Hmmm, well let us konw how you get on with jbme2pwn.

You do have old bootrom right? Why did it screw up then? I've done 6 phones with spirit2pwn no problem.

Have you considered using limera1n instead?
    I'm fairly sure Spirit2Pwn is only meant for upgrades from 3.1.3 to 4.0.x and nothing else. Or rather, that's how the system is working out... because I've not had any problems with it from 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 CFW, but I've also never tried 4.1 with it.

Good luck with JBME2Pwn. Do share how that goes (though it might not be necessary, an updated Pwnagetool will be coming out soonish that'll utilize limera1n's exploit).
    2010-10-10 05:52 AM
    Spirit2pwn is 100% for spirit JB iphones (3.1.2 and 3.1.3) Plenty of guides out there still saying it works with jailbreakme but that is BS.

I've not heard of anyone using JBme2pwn yet, interesting to hear if it works.
    2010-10-10 06:00 AM
    I can comfirm that jbme2pwn works.
    2010-10-10 06:19 AM
    Yeah, mine's old Bootrom. I followed redmondpie's guide:

Jailbreak iOS 4.1 with Sn0wbreeze [Custom Firmware Windows] | Redmond Pie

Somebody should tell them that Jailbreakme upgrades should use jbme2pwn instead. Btw jbme2pwn works excellently!!

I'm now on 4.1 but I have a very annoying problem, my HDR camera doesn't work, I have edited my N88AP.plist file, the HDR option is showing in my Photos Settings but no HDR camera. Anybody got an idea.

P/S: I dont think limera1n can work coz geohot did say it doesnt work with old bootrom 3GS
    2010-10-10 09:37 AM
    The HDR feature is normal, only ON /OFF switch. Turn it off is hdr mode. Try taking pics for both mode, you will see the difference
    2010-10-10 09:56 AM
    but where's the HDR button in camera mode? and does this mean I can't save my original pics?

I dont see any difference on the pics with or without "Keep Normal Photo" ON
    Last edited by madcatzmk2; 2010-10-10 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-10 12:37 PM
    I can also confirm jbme2pwn works fine. My friends phone is running a cfw 3.1.3 after downgrading from 4.0.1 jailbroke with jbme. ( he did this without shsh for 3.1.3)
    2010-10-10 06:09 PM
    but where's the HDR button in camera mode? and does this mean I can't save my original pics?

I dont see any difference on the pics with or without "Keep Normal Photo" ON
    Hahaha, it is not going to be like iphone 4, If you really want the real HDR, go get a real camera.
    2010-10-10 09:29 PM
    Dude, have you seen HDR pics taken from TrueHDR and Pro HDR? I'm an iPhone Photography enthusiast and they are beautiful, resolution's a bit low but just enough for a decent 4R. I'd assume that iPhone's native HDR would be similar, but as I've checked there are no difference in picture quality between toggling the HDR switch on and off. And plus, HDR implemented by Apple requires 3 pictures to be taken, but clearly only 1 pic is captured.
    2010-10-11 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD