hello,
    MY iphone is working fine and I unknowingly restored it to factory settings in itunes, then my iphone is only displaying apple logo. I then tried to restore many ipsw but I always get 3194 error. Then I tried to restore with custome software, after a while itunes displayed a message saying "Your iphone has restored succesfully to 4.1 and it will restart in few seconds" from then on my phone stuck in black screen. When I connect it to itunes it says that my iphone is in Recovery mode and when i try to restore it another software version it says 1600 error.please help me with this

Thanking you in advance
    2011-05-20 05:33 AM
    Is your iphone still in Black dfu mode, if it is run Redsn0w 0.9.6 RC6 , browse to stock 4.1 ipsw and just choose tether boot.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-05-20 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-20 05:41 AM
    i have tried thetering using redsnow . the redsnow software says it has done it, my iphone just showed pineapple logo and again it turned off ..and it doesn't start again
    2011-05-20 07:03 AM
    Does it detects recovery mode in itunes ?

What is your idevice ?
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-05-20 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-20 07:21 AM
    it gets detected in itunes. my device is iphone

it gets detected in itunes as it is in recovery mode
    Last edited by ramanasaketh; 2011-05-20 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-20 07:26 AM
    3g or 3gs
    2011-05-20 07:46 AM
    2011-05-20 07:49 AM
    Alright, make sure your hosts file is pointing towards Apple server, if you have TU installed, go to advanced option, uncheck : set hosts file to cydia , save it and close it.
    Close itunes and reopen itunes, download 3gs 4.3.3 ipsw from google search iclarified firmware.
    Shift + restore to stock 4.3.3 ipsw and see what happens.
    2011-05-20 07:55 AM
    i have done what you have told but it isn't working it shows me 3194 error when I try to restore other firmwares.(same with 4.3.3)
    2011-05-20 05:51 PM
    i have done what you have told but it isn't working it shows me 3194 error when I try to restore other firmwares.(same with 4.3.3)
    Start the TSS server on TinyUmbrella prior to doing a custom restore or properly enter DFU mode (this solved my issue of 3194).
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!
    2011-05-20 06:17 PM
    my phone is in proper dfu mode

starting tss server is good but, the problem is it is never stoping
    Last edited by ramanasaketh; 2011-05-20 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-20 06:44 PM
    my phone is in proper dfu mode

starting tss server is good but, the problem is it is never stoping
    You mean the phone is stuck in a recovery loop? Kick it out of recovery using TinyUmbrella.
    2011-05-20 07:30 PM
    If you are getting error 3194, it means that your hosts file is not pointing at apple' s server and if you use tss server, you must have your 4.3.3 blob already downloaded onto your pc . Do you see your 4.3.3 shsh blob in your TU , if you don't , then you can't tss server as the blob is not there.
    If you are using PC, click start , type notepad , run as admin and open up to c: \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and put a number sign # in front of the line that has ending with gs.apple.com, save it and close it.
    Now your hosts is pointing at apple server, do your restore again .
    2011-05-20 08:02 PM
    You mean the phone is stuck in a recovery loop? Kick it out of recovery using TinyUmbrella
    when i connect iphone and use tiny umbrella i never got exit recovery button activated.
    2011-05-21 03:42 AM
    when i connect iphone and use tiny umbrella i never got exit recovery button activated.
    Did you select the iPhone on the left-handed side? Yes, it's a silly question, but anything is possible!
    2011-05-21 03:46 AM
    ORIGIANALLY POSTED BY IYEOW
    If you are getting error 3194, it means that your hosts file is not pointing at apple' s server and if you use tss server, you must have your 4.3.3 blob already downloaded onto your pc . Do you see your 4.3.3 shsh blob in your TU , if you don't , then you can't tss server as the blob is not there.
    If you are using PC, click start , type notepad , run as admin and open up to c: \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and put a number sign # in front of the line that has ending with gs.apple.com, save it and close it.
    Now your hosts is pointing at apple server, do your restore again .
    host is pointing at apple server even before and i couldn't restore it i dont know why.....????

Did you select the iPhone on the left-handed side? Yes, it's a silly question, but anything is possible!
    Ya I have selected but it has never activated that key

it even says this device is not connected

it even says this device is not connected

and why does my show pineapple logo when i used redsnow (checked just now boot tethered option) after restoring with custom firmware?
    Last edited by ramanasaketh; 2011-05-21 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-21 04:01 AM
    I suggest you restore back to stock firmware; a fresh start. Once you have your custom firmware that will install Cydia for you, restore to that custom firmware.

In addition, the logo that appears in place of the apple is the custom boot logo.
    2011-05-21 04:49 AM
    how do i restore to stock firmware??? Have I'nt beinng doing that till now?
    2011-05-21 05:00 AM
    Have you downloaded stock 4.3.3 yet ?

Run iTunes : shift + restore to stock 4.3.3 Ipsw

I see that you are getting error 3194 while restoring to stock 4.3.3.
    Now i want you to use tiny umbrella to verify your 4.3.3 restore. This is what you do :
    Run TU, go to advance option and uncheck the box " request shsh from cydia ", save it.
    Go back to Option : General , on the left side highlight your device ( if you had used TU before, your device info should be there without iphone being plugged in , if you don't have your device name on the left pane panel, then you have to retrieve your ECID since your iphone is not in a bootable state from here
    Now click save shsh.
    You should be receiving 4.3.3 shsh blob from Apple.
    Once you have got that, highlight your blob and start tss server
    Run itunes : Shift + restore to stock 4.3.3 ipsw.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-05-21 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-21 06:06 AM
    Have you downloaded stock 4.3.3 yet ?

Run iTunes : shift + restore to stock 4.3.3 Ipsw

I see that you are getting error 3194 while restoring to stock 4.3.3.
    Now i want you to use tiny umbrella to verify your 4.3.3 restore. This is what you do :
    Run TU, go to advance option and uncheck the box " request shsh from cydia ", save it.
    Go back to Option : General , on the left side highlight your device ( if you had used TU before, your device info should be there without iphone being plugged in , if you don't have your device name on the left pane panel, then you have to retrieve your ECID since your iphone is not in a bootable state from here
    Now click save shsh.
    You should be receiving 4.3.3 shsh blob from Apple.
    Once you have got that, highlight your blob and start tss server
    Run itunes : Shift + restore to stock 4.3.3 ipsw.
    I have followed the above instructions but when i start tss server it starts but it doesn't stop,,,,,,

sry for being so numb.after starting TSS server i started restoring 4.3.3 . It started well but ended up giving error 9. The most satisfactory part is now my iphone quit dfu mode and started charging. :-)

after charging has completed apple logo has come up and when i connect it to itunes itunes connected to cable symbol on iphone appears, but the phone doesn't starts

hey guys the problem is solved. I have normally restored version 4.3.3 but I ended up at a screen to put in a valid sim it allowed only emergency calls. Then I restored with snowbreezed 4.3.3 ipsw and then my iphone is resurrected. :-)
    The only problem is I couldn't unlock it because there is no unlock method for the base band version 05.16.02 yet.
    Last edited by ramanasaketh; 2011-05-21 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-21 05:32 PM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD