I know the iOS i'm on is a bit outdated, so I am looking for the easiest way to upgrade.

Currently I have it running unlocked and everything, but my youtube doesn't work, and periodically lose service, sometimes don't even get service where I should. I think it's from downloading a few bunk apps from cydia. I'm pretty sure upgrading would be the easiest. So MMI, what iOS would be the best to upgrade to, and maybe some directions?

Thanks
    2011-07-06 10:53 PM
    Use PwnageTool (Mac) or Sn0wbreeze (PC), select activate (if no official SIM), build a custom 4.3.3 firmware, and shift/option/select load with iTunes, install Ultrasn0w for the unlock. 4.3.3 is the latest, non-tethered, and currently being signed by Apple. Should be a piece of cake. iClarified.Com Tutorials section and MMI have numerous guides. Remember: load only a custom firmware/ipsw to preserve your modem firmware/baseband/unlock.
    2011-07-07 01:06 AM
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/737...g-3gs-4-a.html

Under "UPGRADING TO 4.3.3 WHILE PRESERVING UNLOCKABLE BASEBAND (1.59.00 and 5.13.04 OR BELOW)" are the steps you want.
    2011-07-16 07:04 PM
    Make sure you save them shsh blobs using ifaith if you decide you ever want to downgrade back down to 4.0.1

iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones
    2011-07-24 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD