Hello everyone,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS (3.1.2), with tethered jailbreak blackra1n (i.e. every time I restart my phone, I have to run blackra1n).

I never used tiny umbrella, and my etc/hosts file has no issues with connecting to apple servers (as this seemed one of the issues that causes the "device not eligible for build" error).

I have tried the following:
    - getting phone to DFU and restoring to custom 4.3.3, not eligible
    - DFU and restoring to stock 4.3.3, not eligible
    - DFU and restoring to stock 4.0, not eligible
    - DFU and restoring to stock 3.1.2, not eligible
    - normal restore to stock 3.1.2, not eligible

My internet connection is working fine, and pinging gs.apple.com is no issue...

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Many thanks.
    2011-07-30 09:40 AM
    so u will need to make a custom 4.1 firmware with sn0wbreeze, then you will put ur iPhone into DFU mode then get iREB4 and click 3GS then go to iTunes hold shift and click restore , choose the 4.1 ipsw u just made and start the process , since u're already on a baseband that is unlockable next step would be to go to cydia on ur springboard and install ultrasn0w , now u should have 4.1 unlocked jailbroken iPhone 3GS
    2011-07-30 12:20 PM
    so u will need to make a custom 4.1 firmware with sn0wbreeze, then you will put ur iPhone into DFU mode then get iREB4 and click 3GS then go to iTunes hold shift and click restore , choose the 4.1 ipsw u just made and start the process , since u're already on a baseband that is unlockable next step would be to go to cydia on ur springboard and install ultrasn0w , now u should have 4.1 unlocked jailbroken iPhone 3GS
    Forgot to mention, I use mac. My first try was to get my iPhone into DFU mode and restore it with a 4.3.3 custom firmware (created using pwnage tool), and that resulted with iTunes giving me error saying that my iPhone is ineligible for this build.
    2011-07-31 12:08 AM
    sorry im a Windows user, if u can find the same or similar programs on Mac then the instructions should be the same !
    2011-07-31 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD