I stuck in 4.3.5 for 3 days, and finally downgrade to 4.1 this morning.
    It looks like that apple still sign 4.1 ipsw for now.

Now it is on 4.1 with 6.15 BB, but locked

Hope this good news help
    2011-07-31 05:48 PM
    I stuck in 4.3.5 for 3 days, and finally downgrade to 4.1 this morning.
    It looks like that apple still sign 4.1 ipsw for now.

Now it is on 4.1 with 6.15 BB, but locked

Hope this good news help
    Yeah this have been covered already. A lot of members here have been having good success with the 4.1 fw restore since Apple is still signing it. Too bad its just for the 3G and 3GS.

However I find it strange that you were able to restore to a stock firmware using the ipad baseband. It was my understanding that you could only restore back to custom firmwares using that baseband.

Edit: It seems you did use a custom firmware which was stated by using pwnage tool in another thread.

http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...ml#post6170393
    Last edited by ihappy; 2011-07-31 at 07:09 PM.
    2011-07-31 07:03 PM
    However I find it strange that you were able to restore to a stock firmware using the ipad baseband. It was my understanding that you could only restore back to custom firmwares using that baseband.
    It was out of my expectation! Since I didn't have any saved SHSH, I almost gave up.
    It is in DFU loop again after few tries of restoring from customized fw, but at less I have saved 4.1 SHSH now
    2011-07-31 07:15 PM
    Yeah this have been covered already. A lot of members here have been having good success with the 4.1 fw restore since Apple is still signing it. Too bad its just for the 3G and 3GS.

Edit: It seems you did use a custom firmware which was stated by using pwnage tool in another thread.

You can restore to Stock Firmware with 4.1 one of the only 4.iOS (of course 4.0-4.0.2) where u can exit recovery mode with TU , so u can do a stock firmware restore with iPad baseband , but u will still need to install cydia if u want to unlock !
    2011-07-31 10:06 PM

The phone was jailbroken 4.3.2 with 6.15 BB, and was upgrade to 4.3.5 by accident.
    When I restore it with the 4.1 Stock Firmware, the phone was in recovery loop with "emergency call" screen.
    Now I am trying hard to unlock it with custom firmware, but iTunes only give me 1600 or 1604 error.

You can restore to Stock Firmware with 4.1 one of the only 4.iOS (of course 4.0-4.0.2) where u can exit recovery mode with TU , so u can do a stock firmware restore with iPad baseband , but u will still need to install cydia if u want to unlock !
    My iPhone already have iPad baseband 6.15, should I select to "update baseband" in pwnage tool configuration?

It works finally!
    The only different for 4.1 FW is to "exit recovery" not "Fix Recovery" in TinyUmbella.
    Many thanks to ihappy,tarekelmalah! Without their kindly advice, my iPhone is still a brick!

To summery up:
    What I have is an iPhone4.3.5 with iPad Baseband 6.1.5, update from 4.3.3 by accident and stuck in DFU loop.

1.Download 4.1 stock firmware from apple.
    2.Restore 4.1 directly using iTunes.
    3.Backup 4.1 SHSH using TinyUmbella.
    4.Make a custom firmware using PwnageTool_4.1.3.
    5.Restore 4.1 custom firmware using iTunes.
    6."Exit Recovery" using TinyUmbella if need.

PwnageTool_4.1.3
    Dev-Team Blog - Ultra-recycle

TinyUmbella 5.00.07
    http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/do...la-5.00.07.pkg

iPhone 4.1 stock firmware
    http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/06...7_Restore.ipsw
    Last edited by 6littleboys; 2011-08-01 at 01:01 AM.
    2011-08-01 12:06 AM
    Glad you got it all worked out
    2011-08-01 01:08 AM
    The phone was jailbroken 4.3.2 with 6.15 BB, and was upgrade to 4.3.5 by accident.
    When I restore it with the 4.1 Stock Firmware, the phone was in recovery loop with "emergency call" screen.
    Now I am trying hard to unlock it with custom firmware, but iTunes only give me 1600 or 1604 error.

My iPhone already have iPad baseband 6.15, should I select to "update baseband" in pwnage tool configuration?

It works finally!
    The only different for 4.1 FW is to "exit recovery" not "Fix Recovery" in TinyUmbella.
    Many thanks to ihappy,tarekelmalah! Without their kindly advice, my iPhone is still a brick!

To summery up:
    What I have is an iPhone4.3.5 with iPad Baseband 6.1.5, update from 4.3.3 by accident and stuck in DFU loop.

PwnageTool_4.1.3

TinyUmbella 5.00.07

Hello,
    I have an iphone 3GS firmware 4.3.5 with baseband 05.16.02 and I want to downgrade to 4.1. Do you think I can use this method ?
    many thanks!
    2011-08-02 05:58 PM
    Hello,
    I have an iphone 3GS firmware 4.3.5 with baseband 05.16.02 and I want to downgrade to 4.1. Do you think I can use this method ?
    many thanks!
    Yes, you can use the same method.
    2011-08-03 12:36 AM

It works finally!

To summery up:

PwnageTool_4.1.3

TinyUmbella 5.00.07

Thanks a lot worked for my 3GS!
    Last edited by dvn821; 2011-08-03 at 09:03 AM.
    If I helped thank me!
    2011-08-03 08:59 AM

It works finally!

To summery up:

PwnageTool_4.1.3

TinyUmbella 5.00.07

Hi.
    I'm glad i found this post.. but its not working for me.
    i have the same problem you had. iphone 3gs ipad baseband 6.15 accidentally updated to 4.3.5..
    endless Restore loop ..have tried almost every thing.

which version of itunes did you use to restore stock 4.1? also, are there any hosts file editing?

thanks
    2011-08-03 11:35 AM
    hi.
    I'm glad i found this post.. But its not working for me.
    I have the same problem you had. Iphone 3gs ipad baseband 6.15 accidentally updated to 4.3.5..
    Endless restore loop ..have tried almost every thing.

Which version of itunes did you use to restore stock 4.1? Also, are there any hosts file editing?

Thanks
    worked!!!!!! Problem solved. Thanks
    2011-08-03 02:20 PM
    worked!!!!!! Problem solved. Thanks
    my phone is stuck in the same position. even after downgrading it still didnt work. Stuck in the loop. did you start tss server? or edit hosts file when you did this?
    2011-08-04 04:15 AM
    no tss server and no hosts file editing. just use stock 4.1 firmware from apple and latest itunes. you may use iReb-4 to put your 3gs in pwned (black screen) state. remember, mine was 3gs , 6.15 baseband accidentary upgraded to 4.3.5..
    hope that helps.
    2011-08-04 07:23 AM
    Hi so i recently went from 4.3.3 jailbroken device to status unknown...
    I tried to upgrade my baseband to 6.15.00 and for some reason it didnt work. So I tried multiple times to restore from every firmware but nothing works. Then I tried to do Itunes update and install to 4.3.5 and that doesn't work. I'm stuck in recovery mode and seems like my iphone doesnt want to get past recovery/ apple logo. I tried installing 4.1 but i get error 1014 and i used iReB.

What do I do?

I tried to jailbreak with redsnow on 4.3.5 (by going through 4.3.4) and it gets to a black screen with white lettering saying please wait... please wait... along the entire screen
    Last edited by norgebball; 2011-08-08 at 02:26 AM.
    2011-08-08 02:15 AM
    I lost icons and updated to 4.3.4 through iTunes. I then created a custom 4.3.4 with redsnow and restored
    It to working order jailbroken but tethered. Try a normal iTunes upgrade
    2011-08-08 02:37 AM
    Old news. Restoring back down to 4.1 without problem has only recently become popular.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!
    2011-08-09 11:41 PM
    i have the same problem
    iphone 3gs stucked in endless loop...
    if i jailbreak it with redsnow it says please wait... please wait... with endless screen.
    or it stucks ..
    and i tried downgrading with itunes to 4.1
    and saving shsh with tinyumbrella.. and trying to upgrade custom firmware with pwnage tool..
    still dont work.....
    no solution..
    m loosing 100's customers daily..
    pleaseeee help.............
    2011-08-11 05:54 PM
    Hi guys, i hope you can help me with this problem with the iphone 3gs that i bought from a friend. as i was playing with it, i found out it has ios 4.1 and is on 6.15 BB, i have saved it's shsh blobs with TU

i felt like giving the phone a restore since all his details are still in the phone and it was a big sluggish due to the apps he was installing.
    i have stumbled upon this thread and i have followed the following instructions thoroughly

i have tried restoring it directly from itunes using stock 4.1(in DFU mode) and it looks fine at first (extracted, verified with apple etc). it was going thru the process and the bar that you can see in the phone is already filled up. in itunes i can already see the last phases of "restoring iphone firmware" when it suddenly stopped and itunes gave a 1013 error.. used TU to "exit recovery", so now i am seeing the "emergency call" did some research so i tried this , put the phone in DFU mode and restored again and it gave an error 1013 once more.

so what i did was exit in recovery in TU and started tss server. put the phone in pawned dfu (iReb), opened itunes and restored custom 4.1 (created using snowbreeze 2.1). Finally i was able to restore it to 4.1 and cydia was there. but when i tried to open the wifi, it says no wifi T_T, another second and something flashed in the phone screen prompting that "can't recieve or make calls, need restore" wtf! i just restored it.

can anyone tell me the next step that i should do?

thanks in advance.

bbros
    2011-08-11 10:32 PM
    Hi all,

Thanks to all. I've done this. My iPhone 3GS is now in working state. But push notifications are not working. It is 3GS 4.1 06.15.00. Now I want to update the software to 4.3.2. I downloaded the custom software and tries installing it using iTunes. But I got 3194 error. Then I made a custom 4.3.2 ipsw using SnowBreeze. Tried that one with iTunes but no luck. Same 3194 error. I have done everything to host file. But no luck so far. Getting 3194 errors. Can you guys help me in upgrading my current jailbroken 4.1 06.15.00 to 4.3.2?

Thanks
    Last edited by smartkhan; 2011-08-12 at 10:51 AM.
    2011-08-12 10:19 AM
    bump...

please help.. someone T_T

-------

Update
    just created a new custom firmware and restored. All seems well, i saw the WIFI and i even able to connect and update cydia essentials. when prompt to reboot, i did and when it opened up it says "Restore needed, iphone can't receive and make calls".. what is happening?? T_T it turns off and on automatically.
    2011-08-13 06:33 AM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD