I've got two 3gs

2 macbooks

first macbook wouldn't let me touch the host file because of permissions, even though im admin, i changed the file by deleting it and replacing it with alterations.. tinyumbrella still wouldnt work

2nd macbook, tiny umbrella works...

after a while, i got a 3gs with shsh blobs saved to restore to CUSTOM ios 4.3.3 and it was sent into recovery mode upon finishing..

tried TUs fix recovery, tried Fixrecovery43 osx version.. nothing.. went through whole process, and black screen in the end..

same 3gs got to go through (pwned dfu) to STOCK ios (ipad bb) got error 1015.. used fixrecovery43

booted through ALL IS WELL!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd 3gs.. repeated process from the first 3gs... this one has blobs shown for 4.1 and 4.5.

STILL it went through with the tss service and custom ios had same effect. reloop nothing...

SO i did pwned dfu, stock ios, error 1015. , Fixrecovery43, BLACK SCREEN RECOVERY MODE!

.. what's going on!

and how can i take the Lock off my other macbook's host files?

i really don't want to go down to iOS 4.1 because my backup is on 4.3.3 from my iPhone 4...

ill do iOS 4.1 if someone will show me how to change the iTunes .plist file in order to be able save all my backup data onto 4.1 from 4.3.3
    2011-07-31 08:35 PM
    I've got two 3gs

2 macbooks

first macbook wouldn't let me touch the host file because of permissions, even though im admin, i changed the file by deleting it and replacing it with alterations.. tinyumbrella still wouldnt work

after a while, i got a 3gs with shsh blobs saved to restore to CUSTOM ios 4.3.3 and it was sent into recovery mode upon finishing..

tried TUs fix recovery, tried Fixrecovery43 osx version.. nothing.. went through whole process, and black screen in the end..

same 3gs got to go through (pwned dfu) to STOCK ios (ipad bb) got error 1015.. used fixrecovery43

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd 3gs.. repeated process from the first 3gs... this one has blobs shown for 4.1 and 4.5.

STILL it went through with the tss service and custom ios had same effect. reloop nothing...

SO i did pwned dfu, stock ios, error 1015. , Fixrecovery43, BLACK SCREEN RECOVERY MODE!

.. what's going on!

i really don't want to go down to iOS 4.1 because my backup is on 4.3.3 from my iPhone 4...

ill do iOS 4.1 if someone will show me how to change the iTunes .plist file in order to be able save all my backup data onto 4.1 from 4.3.3

68 views no love?
    2011-07-31 10:18 PM
    68 views no love?
    if it was Windows i could show some love , but not with Mac's
    2011-07-31 10:57 PM
    Just restore the other phone to stock 4.1 without touching the host files.
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic
    2011-07-31 11:03 PM
    Just restore the other phone to stock 4.1 without touching the host files.
    like i said in my post, i don't want to lose my backed up data from 4.3.3 by going to 4.1

do you know how to alter the .plist in iTunes to saved my backed up data to 4.1 from 4.3.3?
    2011-07-31 11:43 PM
    Try pkgbackup
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic
    2011-08-01 10:07 AM
    mine has been doing the same thing. I'm now on 4.3.5 and i found that the way to get it to actually boot up is to use redsn0w and tell it to boot tethered. yes, i have to do this everytime i restart the phone cause it'll keep going into the dfu loop. I'm looking for a better fix. I heard downgrading with a custom firmware will work.
    2011-08-05 03:51 AM
    hey, heres the update. I finally got mine to work with no more dfu problem. You just have to downgrade the firmware to 4.1. You can use stock firmware.
    2011-08-06 03:48 AM
    I've got two 3gs

2 macbooks

.. what's going on!

Dude save host to desktop as txt file than drag back to ect and replace file done! Don't forget to make a backup of original!
    2011-08-15 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD