So I made the mistake of attempting to downgrade from ios 5 beta 7 to ios 4.3.5 on my iPhone 3gs. I was able to do it on the Ipad 1, i thought it would be as easy...I was wrong.

I option clicked "restore" in itunes to restore to the downloaded 3gs firmware 4.3.5, but it got stuck in a "recover mode" loop (error 1015). The latest versions of Tinyumbrella and Recboot were unable to kick the iphone out of recover mode.

I figured since I couldn't kick it out of the recover mode, I would have to try to jailbreak/boot tethered. Redsn0w froze at "installing activation bundles" for a very long time. I assume it failed, but the iphone managed to reboot itself. I used redsn0w to boot tethered...and now the phone is in "emergency call" mode only.

I think i currently bricked my 3gs...I think i'm going to have to wait for a newer version tinyumbrella/recboot can kick the 3gs out of recover mode.

I'm hoping i'm wrong though. anybody have any ideas?

p.s. I tried using pwnage tool to make a custom firmware to put into the iphone...but the pwnagetool did not recognize the 4.3.5, or 4.3.4 firmwares. I'm downloading the 4.3.1 firmware right now...hopefully that might work.
    2011-09-09 03:45 AM
    You need to make a custom 4.1 ipsw with pwnagetool or sn0wbreeze and use ireb to put the device in a pwned dfu state then click shift restore and find the custom 4.1 firmware u made and restore it should go smoothly u may have to try a few time to get it but it should work seeing apple is still signing 4.1 and the 1015 error is due to ur baseband it is iOS 5's baseband and can't be flashed back and 4.1 does not have baseband check to it should restore with no errors
    2011-09-09 04:27 AM
    You need to make a custom 4.1 ipsw with pwnagetool or sn0wbreeze and use ireb to put the device in a pwned dfu state then click shift restore and find the custom 4.1 firmware u made and restore it should go smoothly u may have to try a few time to get it but it should work seeing apple is still signing 4.1 and the 1015 error is due to ur baseband it is iOS 5's baseband and can't be flashed back and 4.1 does not have baseband check to it should restore with no errors
    after putting the phone in pwned dfu mode I was able to write the custom 4.3.3 firmware onto the iphone 3gs, and then jailbreak + boot tether it. But the phone cannot make any calls!

Under general->about ; the "network" section says "not available," and the "carrier" section says "AT&T."

oh noooo
    2011-09-09 07:22 AM
    Try 4.1 and see if that helps or u can try to reset the network settings in setting general reset reset network settings
    2011-09-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD