I'm sure I'm not the only one that takes my iPhone with me everywhere I go. I also would think that I'm not the only person that would like to be able to capture things that I do or that happen throughout my day. I'm just very surprised that some form of journal or diary hasn't been created for the iPhone. I would think it would be something not to terribly complicated to create. Give it the features of mobile calendar with the ability to type in detailed notes of our daily occurences.(landscape mode would be great) It wouldn't need to sync with anything but the ability to access or add to from a desktop or mac would be nice. And of course password protection would be an added benefit as well. If I had any programmng skills I would have made the attempt myself but I'm putting it out there for the more skilled of the iPhone community.

Any thoughts?? Or if such an app already exist please point me in theright direction.

Thanks.

I know some may say use the iPhone calendar, but I sync with my work computer and everyone has access to my calendar so that wouldn't be a good idea.
    Last edited by ripped53; 2008-04-20 at 01:25 AM. Reason: added notes and to beg for someone to create this app.......
    2008-04-20 01:00 AM
    anyone out there....hello....
    2008-04-29 05:56 AM
    Yeah this would be pretty neat. And have a password to protect from going any further into the program & the entries that you put. That would be neat.
    2008-05-04 07:33 PM
    yeah I thought this would be a great app for anyone. A developer keeping notes of his progess, jotting down things that occur throught the day, keeping track of ones thoughts, progress of things at work, keeping a log of a kids growth am development, there are any number of things that an ijournal could be used for. It just takes someone to realize its benefit and put one together.
    2008-05-12 03:27 PM
    Did you ever get an answer or directions to an iphone journal app?
    2008-09-11 10:49 PM
    It would be cool to have something specialized for day-logs/journals but I find using notes for my journaling just fine. The file is easy to back up too.
    2008-09-11 11:56 PM
    I've been searching for this seemingly non-existent app for a while and this is the first post I've found asking for it. . .

My requirements for a decent iphone logbook program would be slightly more sophisticated than the 'notes' program and would allow for more analysis, perhaps by allowing for exporting to CSV and viewing pie charts etc. using the google charts API - much like is already done by apps like pocketmoney for iphone.

I imagine it would have a simple text field, perhaps a category field and a submit button which would record the note with a timstamp.

I purchased one or two apps available at the appstore but they are more geared towards recording how long time has been spent on something rather than what time a single activity took place.

This would be useful for people who would like to log their activities, from policemen to freelancers.

I didn't get very far with iphone development so will have to wait patiently and buy it. . .
    2008-09-24 11:37 AM
    Since there are no suggestions as of yet, here's a few.
    Evernote
    Diary
    My Diary
    2009-05-31 09:30 PM
    maybe you can try "take a note"
    2009-06-05 06:11 AM
    Check out Younote. You can take all sorts of notes with it...audio, photo, text, drawing, and webclips. I know it isn't exactly what you are looking for, but it is free and you may like it. You can organize your notes as well.
    2009-06-17 11:20 AM
    Hey guys,

I recently released a journal app called Raconteur that might be what you are looking for.

Take a look and let me know what you think: http://teaapps.com/raconteur
    2009-11-25 04:37 AM
    Saw a review copy of the Chronicle diary and it's nice. Prior I've used MyDiary to write my thoughts.
    2010-03-23 05:18 PM
    Wow guys...I had forgotten about this post. I think I've gone through almost every major diary, journal, notes, todo app in the app store. I've narrowed my daily use down to Momo. Mainly bc I can add entries on my phone as well as my computer and it keeps everything synced. I just wish it would support multiple log in ids. The Reconteur seems interesting I may add it to my journal folder. I started with MyDiary bc it was one of the first but it was the first to be retired as well. I have also use Secret Diary which is also good for specific purposes.

Thanks for the input.

Oh yeah I use Evernote for work considering it allows the attachment of doc and pdf files...plus it syncs mobile and desktop entries.
    Last edited by ripped53; 2010-03-23 at 05:51 PM.
    2010-03-23 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD