Hey, im trying to call a script from the GUI. I have an app put together that restarts springboard, but i cant get it to run from just clicking it.

::code::

killall SpringBoard

::end of code::

its chmod'd correctly and everything, i can run it from SSH, but when i click on the app, i get the default picture, and it just hangs for 15 seconds and goes back to the SpringBoard with out relaunching it. any ideas? or am i missing something?
    2007-11-02 08:09 PM
    i didnt think that even worked.. and if you are using it in terminal thats prob why.. theres alot better ways to kill sb . if you have to use a sh script to do it theres another line that works, ill try and dig it up when i get home.
    2007-11-02 09:14 PM
    that's exactly my problem. i'm trying to launch a shell script from the gui via finger tips. i can see the icon, and adjusted the info.plist file for the script. when launching i can see the standard app launching screen, then the device sleeps/hangs for about 10 seconds and i'm back on the homescreen.

it is not to discuss why i want to launch a script but the problem of launching the script via gui itself. a reason fot this might be, i.e., to call ssh ....... So you don't have to type the command each time, but launch it via the script.

does anybody know, how to link the shell script and the gui icon?
    2008-01-10 01:48 PM
    If you have the image files .png already for icon,

you require a Info.plist file with this info, repalce nameofscripthere, and Programname:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
    <string>English</string>
    <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
    <string>Nameofscripthere.sh</string>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.authorsname.ProgramName</string>
    <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
    <string>6.0</string>
    <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
    <string>APPL</string>
    <key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
    <string>1.0.0</string>
    <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
    <string>????</string>
    <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    <string>1.0</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

and then just use normal script file.

Theres alot better ways to implement springboard restart.
    2008-01-10 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD