I've searched and come up empty. Has anyone developed an app that can translate English and Spanish both ways?
    2007-11-08 07:52 PM
    I too have been looking for one. I had one on my old Sony W800, and would like one for the iphone too.
    2007-11-11 09:31 PM
    i'm sure is not that hard, use weDict as a base program and just load the translation data base. if someone has the original file of wordnet, i can give it a try and mod it with some translation data base
    2007-11-12 04:04 PM
    Wow it appears that no one has shown interest in a spanish/english translator as of yet. Installer has a japanese/english, but no spanish, am I to assume that japanese is more on demand over spanish?
    I hope that there will be one some day soon.
    OTB 1.0.2>.....>2.0.1
    Rogers Canada
    2008-02-04 09:49 PM
    Hey guys, last night i installed an app called Translate, and it is actually pretty cool! This freaked me out, hehehe but, you even have an option of having the iphone speaking the translation for you!! It has the translations in Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese. When you click on the app, after you have installed it, it takes you to a site, called Coolgorilla.com well, click on Talking Phrase Books, then it will ask you which language you want translated?? So then it will translate it for you, and you can even click on the option for it to speak it out loud!

Pretty cool, at least I think so! Try it!

Oh! Just looked into it a little more, and it also has games and other stuff you can download to your iphone!
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 2008-02-05 at 01:07 AM.
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!
    2008-02-05 01:04 AM
    I've searched and come up empty. Has anyone developed an app that can translate English and Spanish both ways?
    Hi,I 've installed to my friend's iphone already.I'll show you how:
    1.go to this website:
    http://stardict.sourceforge.net/Dictionaries_misc.php

2.Find and download Spanish-English, English-Spanish Dictionary,remember click on tarball to download.
    3.Use winrar to unrar these files.You will see 3 files .info; .idx; .dict.dz.
    4.Rename file .dict.dz to .dict.gz
    5.Use WinZip to Unzip this file again,you will see file.dict
    6.Use ibrickr or WinSCP create folder name weDict : /private/var/root/Library/weDict. and then upload 2 files .dict and .idx to folder weDict
    Do the same step with English-Spanish Dictionary.
    So now you have 2 dictionary in your phone
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    2008-02-05 09:29 AM
    hi, I tried installing the spanish dictionary, but some how it did not work for me... is there a way you can send the file to just add it to my iphone.
    thank you
    2008-02-10 04:40 PM
    hi, I tried installing the spanish dictionary, but some how it did not work for me... is there a way you can send the file to just add it to my iphone.
    thank you
    Check here:
    http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42371

2008-02-25 10:35 PM
    Hey guys, last night i installed an app called Translate, and it is actually pretty cool! This freaked me out, hehehe but, you even have an option of having the iphone speaking the translation for you!! It has the translations in Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese. When you click on the app, after you have installed it, it takes you to a site, called Coolgorilla.com well, click on Talking Phrase Books, then it will ask you which language you want translated?? So then it will translate it for you, and you can even click on the option for it to speak it out loud!

Pretty cool, at least I think so! Try it!

Oh! Just looked into it a little more, and it also has games and other stuff you can download to your iphone!
    i can't find these app
    2008-03-24 12:47 PM
    there are 2 iphone web apps:
    http://ultralingua.com/mobile/
    http://coolgorilla.com/iphone/

go to www.iAppcat.com and search translate for the translate one
    2008-03-24 01:13 PM
    yes, you should try Ask Velazquez.com: iPhone Beta - Spanish and English Language Resource
    It's a 250,000 word Spanish-English English-Spanish Dictionary made for the iphone web browser. I also know that the company is working on a downloadable app for this as well.
    2008-07-23 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD