User Tag List

I would love to have control over the mute of my iPhone by way of a schedule / calendar (iCal). Allow me to explain ...

Two things I want this app to do:

1) I'd like my iPhone to go into mute for certain hours. For example, I'd like it to be muted from 10:00 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. -- naturally it would be adjustable.

2) I'd like to be able to schedule my iPhone to mute during events in my iCal calendar. By this I mean that if I schedule 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. next Thursday for a meeting with Client X in iCal, I can specify that my iPhone will be in mute mode for the duration of that time.

Needless to say I can do this manually but let's be honest, sometimes people forget to mute their phones. They ring during meetings and, if you have friends / family / clients in other time zones, you sometimes get calls at inconvenient times (i.e. when you're asleep). I'd love to eliminate the possibility by way of scheduling.

So, anyone know of such an app?
    2008-05-10 11:09 PM
    I'm not sure about point 2, but KATE has a night mode option which mutes the phone during certain, specified hours. These hours are editable to whatever time you want.
    Download the trial and see if you like it, then we know what you are actually after, more specifically anyway.
    Bought iPhone from Mall at Millenia in Florida, took home to UK and unlocked, currently using o2 SIM card
    2008-05-11 12:29 AM
    Caterpillar, now known as Kate, has a similar feature, although the (awesome!) app does cost money
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."
    2008-05-11 12:29 AM
    Personally I don't see anything special about Kate, to be totally honest.
    Bought iPhone from Mall at Millenia in Florida, took home to UK and unlocked, currently using o2 SIM card
    2008-05-11 12:34 AM
    hey guys:

thx for the posts. so, at this point, kate is my one and only option, right?
    2008-05-11 03:05 AM
    yes it looks like the only available option at the minute.

i think kates night mode is a great step in the right direction.

i emailed RIP DEV today about whether it would be possible to incude in a future update the ability to have the night mode specified hours also cover the 'shushing' of email notifications, i have to remember to mute my phone every night at 11pm and off again at 8am, suffice to say i forget sometimes either way and either get woken up or miss stuff in the morning.

i realize it shuts up calls and sms, but for me email is a noisy affair at night when "you got mail" bellows out loud at 4am!!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along
    2008-05-11 12:37 PM
    kate is awesome! 5 row dock. SMB integration. and so much awesomeness more.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-05-11 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD