u know how we have that passcode thingy on the iphone !! u put the passcode 2 acces ur iphone !! we should have a fingerprint security chek !! would be so cool and plus u dont need 2 remember a number !! and no way someone could guess ur passcode either !! unless people start cuting fingers 2 access other peoples iphone !! i think it's a good idea !! if i had the brains to make apps i would do it !! but i dont so gg !!
    2007-12-26 03:03 AM
    Removed

[nice]

sorry not possible

[/nice]
    Last edited by Dash-2; 2007-12-27 at 08:32 AM. Reason: please try to stay patient and be nice.
    2007-12-26 03:19 AM
    There's not much hope left for civilization.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage
    2007-12-26 03:22 AM
    Someone should also come up with a App that makes your bed and walks the dog for ya... and might as well make it pay your rent hahah
    2007-12-26 03:52 AM
    Dude!! thats good idea!! like better than passcode!! i hope i dont get finger cutoff to get into iphone!! http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/s...RPP=12&SBQ=yes

Sorry, couldnt help it
    2007-12-26 04:00 AM
    in the new update there making a finger scanner so just sit tight and also it will make your bed and pay rent
    8gb 1.1.1. Iphone Hacked and unlocked with At&t?:confused
    2007-12-26 05:06 AM
    thats rite sit tyte i'm making it
     Think Different
    2007-12-26 05:07 AM
    I remember an app I found in my palm OS days. It SIMULATED a fingerprint scanner. If you didn't tap the right button combination, it would return an invalid access message. Ofcourse, this was just a gag application, but it was cool to mess with people.
    Search NAZI
    2007-12-26 05:10 AM
    I remember an app I found in my palm OS days. It SIMULATED a fingerprint scanner. If you didn't tap the right button combination, it would return an invalid access message. Ofcourse, this was just a gag application, but it was cool to mess with people.
    This might work, have a grid of 10x10 squares and you must tap a few specific squares to unlock. You might get close to a finger scanner if the grid was 30x30. Any higher than that and you'll never get in your phone.
    2007-12-26 11:03 AM
    this already exists in a web app
    2007-12-26 05:28 PM
    This idea isn't completely crazy, although actually scanning a fingerprint is.

There is some buzz out there now about improving password security and memorability by having the user draw a simple, but unique shape rather than type a password. Something like this could really take advantage of the iPhone's multitouch interface, and would be as secure and easy as using a fingerprint scanner, if not more so.

http://www.cs.ncl.ac.uk/research/pub...papers/998.pdf

There's also 2D barcode scanning, for example, iMatrix.app. You could stick a barcode password to your keychain or something else you always have with you, or tatoo it on your hand (if you're into that sort of thing).

http://www.iphonematters.com/article...r_the_imatrix/

Like I said, not completely crazy, although mostly.
    Last edited by lh99; 2007-12-26 at 11:40 PM.
    2007-12-26 11:36 PM
    all those answers are pretty funny !! even tho u all think my idea is crazy , i still think it would be pretty cool but ok it's not possible !! sorry for watchin 2 many movies jeeeezzzzzzzzzzz
    2007-12-27 02:15 AM
    all those answers are pretty funny !! even tho u all think my idea is crazy , i still think it would be pretty cool but ok it's not possible !! sorry for watchin 2 many movies jeeeezzzzzzzzzzz
    Your idea is not crazy at all Just that many people are not up to date over here
    Porsche Designs mobile phone (Pí9521), developped by Sagem, apparently has it: http://www.yankodesign.com/?p=609
    2007-12-27 05:37 AM
    god i love porsches !! i got the white cayenne gt550 gembella as wallpaper on my iphone !! got that car is sick !! the gt750 also is crazy !!
    2007-12-27 07:01 AM
    You love sick cars? Shouldn't you take them to the mechanic if they're sick?

Search NAZI
    2007-12-27 09:50 AM
    soooooo should we call the engineers at porsche 2 makes a fingerprint scanner app for the iphone ???
    2007-12-27 11:20 AM
    As the iPhone does not have scanning functions, this is simply impossible, and its even buggy on laptops.... maybe in 10, 20 years or so..
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-12-27 02:42 PM
    You love sick cars? Shouldn't you take them to the mechanic if they're sick?

My sick car is at the mechanics'

Also, the scanner on my HP Pocket PC worked well, except
    WIndows Mobile was too slow reading the fingerprint /
    rejecting and recycling.
    Last edited by NetMage; 2007-12-27 at 04:15 PM.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage
    2007-12-27 04:12 PM
    There is some buzz out there now about improving password security and memorability by having the user draw a simple, but unique shape rather than type a password. Something like this could really take advantage of the iPhone's multitouch interface, and would be as secure and easy as using a fingerprint scanner, if not more so.

http://www.cs.ncl.ac.uk/research/pub...papers/998.pdf
    I'd rather have this than that silly slide to unlock...make a couple quick strokes to unlock it instead...then you could possibly marry it to your iTunes account, making it nearly impossible to use by a 3rd party...
    2007-12-28 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD