I was wondering if anyone has started work on software that could recognize external mass storage devices, (IE ipod to usb cable to external HD or jump drives, or even possibly ipod to ipod connector)

I think this could be one of the most significantly useful apps around, and help make everyone's current iphone/ipodtouch less obsolete in regards to storage space.

I just spent the last few hours throwing myself into the realm of ipod programming and I would have to say, that I have not seen any allusions to codes that control aspects of the hardware. Being new, pardon my ignorance in such matters.

Thanks,
    Eli
    2008-07-15 01:36 PM
    Uhhh, seems like a total waste of time.
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-07-15 01:56 PM
    Why would that be a time waster, would it not be rad to be able to access your 40-120 gigs of music/movies if you had your ipod hooked to your iphone? Granted, you could just plug headphones into your ipod and use it like normal. But it also opens up the possibility of using say a usb jump drive to transfer data to the iphone, since you have to go home and plug into iTunes anyway to access a larger file.

Just a thought.

Cheers
    2008-07-15 08:02 PM
    Uhhh, seems like a total waste of time.
    yeah just winscp it.
    Blah
    2008-07-17 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD