Edit: I'm sorry, I didn't make it clear enough I guess. It's just a mockup. I don't have much coding experience & no iPhone coding experience. I didn't mean to get people's hopes up

Original Post:
    So, I got this idea in the middle of my Statistics class today. A slimmed-down version of Microsoft Office (just Word, Excel & PowerPoint) for the iPhone/ iPod Touch. The pictures speak for themselves in terms of what features I thought fit well with the iPhone/ iTouch GUI & setup. The pictures were easy to make, the video was a bit hard to pull off (required replacing Default.png & Icon.png from an app & using my built-in iSight to record it, hence the weirdness of it). But, overall, I think it came out pretty good. This is not a specific request for someone to make this (besides Microsoft of course) I was just unsure where exactly to put this topic.

[ame=http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/eisnerguy1/?action=view&current=Movie.flv][/ame]

Last edited by celebi23; 2008-01-09 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-09 07:06 AM
    Many people are chomping at the bit for this! Are you writing this yourself? Looks great! Will be even better when it is completed!

J
    2008-01-09 07:42 AM
    Wow looking good man. Post a beta so we can test it out
    2008-01-09 07:43 AM
    I'm sorry, I didn't make it clear enough I guess. It's just a mockup. I don't have much coding experience & no iPhone coding experience. I didn't mean to get people's hopes up

http://code.google.com/p/ioffice/

****WARNING****

It's just an idea at this point. No actual code is there. Just some mock up & some filetype tests I did. If people are interested in joining the project, just send me a message there.

****AGAIN, WARNING****

No code exists on the site yet. It is just an idea. Please do not assume that it is an actual app yet
    Last edited by celebi23; 2008-01-10 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-10 01:35 AM
    I've got a "Project Goals" wiki page set up http://code.google.com/p/ioffice/wik...tGoalsTimeline

I'm gonna start coding some basic stuff once I can get the Toolchain properly installed which should be soon, hopefully. If Apple does announce an SDK on Tuesday that would allow for easy porting of "unofficial" apps to Apple's SDK then, I'm gonna move this to their SDK proabably.
    2008-01-13 10:49 PM
    this would be awesome if done, I useoffice every day, n been on phone would be great when I'm out the office..
    2008-01-13 11:18 PM
    Not much to report. I keep getting errors when I try building the Toolchain. Not sure why this keeps on happening. I've got a few days before Spring Semester starts. I'll try to get it to work hopefully by next week. I haven't given up on this project, I just keep hitting a few roadblocks. I'm not worried though. I will see this project through.
    2008-01-18 08:38 PM
    That would probably be THE best app ever made especially for productivity...
    2008-01-18 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD