Hi can someone please make a software for i phone which can record phone conversations
    2008-01-13 04:27 AM
    Not possible at this point, at least not to my knowledge. Audio routing has to be figured out first.
    2008-01-15 04:06 AM
    So I saw SpoofApp and was terribly disappointed to find out it's a PPM service. What a bummer, especially since it offers call recording (a really awesome ability for computer-phones). I was relieved when I found out the SpoofApp author only made the PPM out of necessity of using the SpoofCard for the spoofing (although I think we should be able to do the spoofing someway else besides spoofcard...).

But what I'm really interested in is recording calls, specifically to record a conversation I plan to make to Comcast about their illegal bittorrent throttling. I'd definitely be down for helping create a program to record calls, and since SpoofApp can do it, why wouldn't we be able to do this on the iPhone separately, without the PPM service. Does anyone have an idea of where we would have to start to do this? What language are most of these apps written in, btw?
    2008-06-17 07:20 AM
    Spoofapp itself isnt recording the phone conversation, the PPM service is through their lines and making it available on your account (web). The only thing spoofapp does is make it easier for you to pass the call information (contact intergration for the person to spoof, pin storage so you dont have to type it all the time, what number to spoof your caller id as, etc.) to their PPM service.

Spoofapp is written in javascript (along with jiggy app to make it 'native').

Conclusion: Spoofapp is NOT NOT NOT recording the conversation, the PPM service behind it is... Finding a way to record a conversation directly from the phone, and not through a PPM service, is still being researched....
    2008-06-17 08:00 AM
    Not possible at this point, at least not to my knowledge. Audio routing has to be figured out first.
    They haven't written a call recorder so far for iphone?????!!!
    2008-08-15 12:07 PM
    Something like Live PVR would be a real nice (and useful) app on the iphone, if someone can put it together - gets my vote
    If You Needed It, Like It Or It Was Helpful -Click THANKS
    2008-08-15 02:40 PM
    that would be cool
    2008-08-23 08:19 AM
    even after year and a half there is no iphone call recorder
    2009-07-30 11:24 AM
    I hope someone would fugure it out
    2009-08-23 05:27 AM
    Still we have no recorder even after the hardware of 3GS is capable of recording phone conversations
    2009-11-12 06:14 AM
    The acrobit softphone app in the app store can record only SIP calls but I'm guessing it is done through their servers.
    2009-12-31 10:49 PM
    Hi guys,

you can download CallRec.me app at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/callr...343580672?mt=8. It is free and it records all of your phone conversations, incoming, outgoing, international.
    There are some pretty cool ways to manage those from website CallRec

Hope you will like it!
    2010-04-20 05:43 PM
    it's not free, and it does what every single other "call recording/spoofing" application does, that is, records your calls on an external server and charges you per minute.
    recording calls on the phone itself is impossible with the current sdk.
    2010-05-15 12:36 AM
    IS it possible now with the iphone 4 ? Does anyone know ?? to record a call on the local phone instead of some server
    2010-06-27 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD