Hopefully this gets to someone

I just wanted to just put this out there...

I'm hoping that someone can create an app that monitors Edge/3G data usage and then automatically shut down the Edge/3G service on the iphone when a limit is met (which is set by the user).
    2008-07-24 07:12 AM
    All plans I have seen are unlimited. Are you planning to use this unlocked on another carrier with limits?
    2008-07-24 06:19 PM
    If you're on Rogers, you will get a text message as soon as you've gone $30 over your limit, you'll get another after $60 over your limit and lastly at $90 over. You could also call and request a voluntary CLA (Credit Limit Audit) which will automatically shut you down after a certain monthly charge has been reached.

Other than that unfortunately, you just have to keep checking your usage. A program that does this would be handy.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-07-24 06:27 PM
    @ Eurisko
    I never knew about the CLA I would've thought that was only for the individuals that didn't pass the credit checks. When I asked the Rogers rep about caps on account $ or data - they told me that there were none. They had Block numbers (tollfree, pay-per-call) and sending msg restrictions. I'll definitely give them another call and ask because I already had one scary bill, which I was able to convince them to remove all data charges. .

@Oen386
    Some of us are not that fortunate to have unlimited data plans. I really wish Rogers changes it up.
    2008-07-24 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD