One of my friends made a widget that did this a while back, but an app on the iPhone would be very handy for those at universities that use this authentication system.

If you're unfamiliar with what it is, it's where your computer (iPhone in this instance) will see the network, but will not see the internet until you go to your web browser and log in. This can be a pain on the iPhone since you are constantly being logged out a short period of time after your iPhone goes to sleep.

So what I'm asking for is a simple app be developed where you give it the address to the login page, your username, and your password. Once it's setup, all you need to do to login, is tap the app and it will log you in automatically. Once you're logged in (within seconds), you can then close the app (maybe even have it close automatically once connected) and go back to what you're doing, but now with network access.

Here's the link to the widget to give you more of an idea:
    Apple - Downloads - Dashboard Widgets - NimbleSocket
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad
    2008-07-24 05:12 PM
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I have created BlueSocket Authenticator Native iPhone/iPod Touch application because I was annoyed that my phone would constantly log me off everytime it went to sleep.

BlueSocket Authenticator is intended for people who roam on wireless networks with BlueSocket authentication. Many businesses and universities use BlueSocket and it can be extremely frustrating to have to open a web browser and log in every time a valid user wants to use the wireless network. Especially on the iPhone/iPod Touch because you have to re-authenticate every time the device goes to sleep.

The purpose of this program is simple: One-click authentication to BlueSocket enabled networks.

BlueSocket Authenticator for iPhone/iPod Touch
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Melloware Inc.
    Bringing Microsoft and Apple Together!
    http://www.melloware.com
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=
    2008-09-09 05:17 AM
    I was just going to update this thread with the details!

If you would like to access it via iTunes, here is the link:
    BlueSocket Authenticator
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad
    2008-09-10 03:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD