With the iPhone 3G's battery not being the best, I was thinking about a quick toggler to switch from 3g to edge whenever needed but a different way to enable it
    It would toggle 3G by pressing 'Home' + 'Up Volume' at any time and
    Edge by pressing 'Home' + 'Down Volume'
    That way, whenever you are in Safari you can quickly put on 3G and disable it when you are done browsing

What do you guys think about this?
    iPhone 3G
    2008-08-08 06:11 PM
    As soon as you click home you would exit safari though. I agree one is needed, however.
    2008-08-09 04:14 AM
    No, this would be like a shortcut for BossPrefs to toggle 3G/Edge WITHOUT having to close or open any apps!
    At any time just home+volume Up for 3G and home+volume down for Edge!
    iPhone 3G
    2008-08-10 08:52 AM
    Has anyone developed a 3g/edge toggle similar to "WifiToggle"?
    2008-08-28 01:16 AM
    I believe boss preffs has one not sure tho.
    2008-08-28 01:52 AM
    It does but its very slow to load up Its actually faster to go into settings and fart around in there. I agree, we need an app seperate of everything, kind of like the wifi on/off toggle app.
    2008-08-28 02:44 AM
    It does but its very slow to load up Its actually faster to go into settings and fart around in there. I agree, we need an app seperate of everything, kind of like the wifi on/off toggle app.
    Exactly, I'm hoping for something like the WifiToggle and SwapBT.
    2008-08-28 05:36 PM
    3GToggle? Please!?

Not only the battery savings to think about, but also AT&Ts marginal 3G network to consider. I spend half of my day somewhere that has very poor 3G coverage. 3G won't work, but any time my iPhone needs data it will sit there and try for a few minutes anyway before it gives up and gives an error. EDGE works fine, but the iPhone doesn't really do failover from 3G to EDGE, it just gives an error most of the time.

So I end up having to go to Settings => General => Network => Enable / Disable 3G at least twice a day, which is a major pain in the ***. This is more painful than toggling Wifi (one more menu level to tap...) and arguably more necessary and useful! 3GToggle should have been made before WifiToggle!

So would someone please step up and make 3GToggle!?
    2008-09-07 04:14 AM
    I requestsed this the other day....

Anyone know of any in the pipeline?
    2008-09-10 09:38 AM
    3GToggle? Please!?

Not only the battery savings to think about, but also AT&Ts marginal 3G network to consider. I spend half of my day somewhere that has very poor 3G coverage. 3G won't work, but any time my iPhone needs data it will sit there and try for a few minutes anyway before it gives up and gives an error. EDGE works fine, but the iPhone doesn't really do failover from 3G to EDGE, it just gives an error most of the time.

So I end up having to go to Settings => General => Network => Enable / Disable 3G at least twice a day, which is a major pain in the ***. This is more painful than toggling Wifi (one more menu level to tap...) and arguably more necessary and useful! 3GToggle should have been made before WifiToggle!

So would someone please step up and make 3GToggle!?
    If you have BossPrefs on your phone you can set it to be the app that opens when you double click your home button. That is how I solved the 3G/Edge issue until they get their own respective toggles on the homescreen.
    2008-09-10 02:46 PM
    That is a GREAT idea! And no, it wouldn't neccessarily exit Safari. Home + Power Button takes a screenshot without interrupting anything that you do in Safari.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!
    2008-09-10 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD