yeh i did a bunch of searches. There arent any solutions though, just peoples sad stories about how apple wouldnt cover it under warranty and wanted $200 bucks for the repair, haha. What a joke.

so im thining about taking that other guys advice about buying the part on ebay. my rear case is slightly disfigured though so im gonna try it anyways, and if it doesnt work, just buy the rear case. case is $35 and ringer switch assembly is $11. The app would have been easier and safer, but by the time someone actually decides to put this app out, i'll have bought a new iphone already. dtromp, ill keep you updated on how the install goes. I usually am pretty handy, i just thought it might be a quickfix.

oh yeah and the 11 dollar ringer switch assembly includes 2 pry tools as well. you just need a precision #00 or #000 phillips screwdriver. well, i guess one of those grounding wrist things too if you want to be really safe.

check out ifixit.com they have a tutorial for how to fix/replace all kinds of apple products.
    2008-03-08 07:38 AM
    Thanks R34, let me know how it goes!
    2008-03-09 12:26 PM
    My switch just broke! Thanks god it is in "ring" so I wont miss calls, but if Im in an appointment or at school it will be so unpolite for it to ring. So plz help. An app will be great, I will pay 30 dollars if someone does it. There are a lot of us with the same problem willing to pay to a developer!
    I didn't pay for my Iphone
    2008-05-29 05:03 AM
    send it back to apple and get a new fixed one .............duh....!
    2008-06-03 12:18 AM
    My ringer switch is broken too, it seems very loose as i flip the phone and the switch goes back and forth from ringer to vibration but nothing happens. The worst part is that it broke while it was on vibration, so now i miss a lot of phone calls, i really dont know what to do now? I'm not good with opening the phones as i fear i might scew it up,Please dont tell me to take it to Apple customer care as i live in Montreal, Canada and its unlocked jailbroken, so pls can someone tell me how can i have it fixed??

Jailbroken unlocked iPhone with Fido in Montreal
    2008-06-06 06:16 AM
    It would be sweet if you could set the times that it was on silent, then I wouldn't have to remember to flip it to silent when I'm at classses, etc.
    Auto Silent app does that for you. You can set the times and it puts iphone into silent mode during that time. After that times it puts into non-mode automatically. In fact it is very flexible you can configure your sound settings and keep some settings ON in silent mode. In night, I want ringer to be ON and but don't like new mail or voice mail alert so I set them OFF. It's pretty cool. Auto Silent
    2009-08-24 12:13 AM
    Due to lot of demand, we have developed solution to by pass iPhone silent switch.

You can use "Auto Silent" app to disable or bypass iPhone Silent switch. If your switch was broken in silent mode, it will restore all sounds including ring. Yeah, ringer.

Then you can use Auto Silent app to put phone into silent mode.
    The app supports iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS and OS firmware 2.2, 3.0, 3.1

This app can also be used by those people whose silent switch is loose or accidently put phone into silent mode.

Also, there is provision to put phone into silent mode automatically using pre-configured settings in the app or according to appointments in iPhone Calendar.
    More info at iPhone Packers: iPhone dev team

The app can be downloaded through Cydia. Search for "Auto Silent" on Cydia.
    You neeed to jail break in order to install Cydia. Search for "How to jailbreak iPhone" on google.

Due to populate demand, we have introduced Bypass silent switch feature.

You can use "Auto Silent" app to disable or bypass iPhone Silent switch. If your switch was broken in silent mode, it will restore all sounds including ring. Then you can use Auto Silent app to put phone into silent mode.
    The app supports iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS and OS firmware 2.2, 3.0, 3.1

This app can also be used by those people whose silent switch is loose or accidently put phone into silent mode.

Also, there is provision to put phone into silent mode automatically using pre-configured settings in the app or according to appointments in iPhone Calendar.
    More info at iPhone Packers: iPhone dev team

The app can be downloaded through Cydia. Search for "Auto Silent" on Cydia. You neeed to jailbreak in order to install Cydia. Search for "How to jailbreak iPhone" on google.
    Last edited by iPhonePackers; 2009-11-03 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-11-03 08:16 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD