There should be an emulator to allow the iPhone (when not unlocked) to "pose" to be with another carrier. This should be used to download games, ringtones, etc. that available from other carriers. The good part about this is that you don't have to unlock your phone to download them. To get this, it should only require Jailbreaking.

This is just an idea. I really want Metal Gear Solid Mobile on my iPhone, but it's only for Verizon Wireless, so I was wondering if a Phone Carrier Emulation was possible to fool the system.
    2008-08-13 02:03 AM
    There should be an emulator to allow the iPhone (when not unlocked) to "pose" to be with another carrier. This should be used to download games, ringtones, etc. that available from other carriers. The good part about this is that you don't have to unlock your phone to download them. To get this, it should only require Jailbreaking.

This is just an idea. I really want Metal Gear Solid Mobile on my iPhone, but it's only for Verizon Wireless, so I was wondering if a Phone Carrier Emulation was possible to fool the system.
    Can someone please tell me if this is at least possible?
    2008-08-14 04:56 PM
    I'm going to go out on a limb and so no...this is not possible. Especially not with verizon as they do not have sim card combat ability I believe.
    2008-08-14 05:34 PM
    Okay. Well then is there a way the iPhone can download games,music,videos,etc. from other carrier's, specifically Verizon?
    2008-08-14 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD