Hey, I have been using the weather widget since it came out and I was wondering...is it possible to apply whatever basic principles went into making the weather widget to make a scrolling stock ticker? I'm sure it would require a lot of bandwidth to download continuous updates for every stock...but would it be doable if it were just a few stocks (for example the stocks I am watching in my stocks.app application) updating every few minutes? In essence I'm looking for a widget to replace the stocks application in the same way the weather widget replaced its corresponding application. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by chbearsrock; 2008-09-08 at 10:09 AM. Reason: typo
    2008-09-08 10:08 AM
    That is exactly what I am looking for too. If I find anything I will post the result here.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
    2009-02-05 12:51 AM
    If anyone knows how to do this and hasn't replied pls msg me. I would really love something like this.

Just found this.
    1. Download cydget from cydia
    2. manage/ add the following source "http://www.iphone.org.hk/apt/"
    3. Go back to cydia and search for "stock ticker cydget"
    4. install
    5. enjoy

It could use a little work...but its all I could find.
    Last edited by chamberscp; 2010-03-06 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-06 04:57 AM
    I don't even follow the stock market but this does sound pretty cool. I bet if someone refined it they could make some $
    2010-03-06 05:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD