When I had a Nokia 6230 there was a code (*#??#) that you could type in which would force the phone to show withheld numbers. So the network obviously sends the callers information to your phone but then the phone blocks it if they are calling on a private number.

Could anyone make an app to show the number instead of 'Blocked'?
    2008-09-16 09:58 AM
    The code you are referring to is a carrier specific code. It is a code that a user inputs into a phone which then sends the signal to your carrier. In this case, force callers to unblock their number. On another note, I believe, although I could be wrong, that carriers dropped that method of using phone codes. Users must now call their carrier to have certain features activated.

Thats as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong.
    2008-09-16 10:08 AM
    I had an old Sony ericsson that soul show the blocked number as long as it was in the contacts. Ihave a blocked number on my home phone and it still shows as blocked even though it's in my contacts.
    2008-09-16 01:40 PM
    This would be cool. It would be nice if it would tell people calling from blocked numbers that the phone will not accept them and to please call back from another line.
    2008-09-16 05:32 PM
    I use Tmobile and Youmail for my voicemail, they wont allow the call to come through if the id is blocked.

I went from 10-12 blocked id telemarketer calls to 0. Youmail is free and I have the message that states "This party does not receive calls from blocked or unknown callers please unblock your phone and try again"
    2008-09-17 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD