Development is very far.. and we are expecting a release soon! We will release details soon! findmyi.org !

-till then,
    AlJaMa
    2008-10-12 07:21 PM
    guys navizon already had this feature. Even on the 2g phones. You could make a key word or symbol. When you texted the phone the symbol, it will text back the phones location and the sending (missing) phone doesn't show that it did it.
    2008-10-12 09:32 PM
    Development is very far.. and we are expecting a release soon! We will release details soon! findmyi.org !

-till then,
    AlJaMa
    i'd love to beta test for ya if you dont mind.
    ~0okami
    2008-10-12 10:44 PM
    This is a good idea but would be difficult to get to work. The remote connection would be the difficult thing I think. Creating some sort of safe way for youo and only you to be able to connect to the phone from your desktop. Definately doable, but would need lots of time to create. If it can't make it to the appstore, it would be hard to get someone to make it.

I also see a few flaws:
    1) So you make it to where your stolen phone is. unless they guy is sitting there playing with it you can;t just have people empty their pockets to find who actually has it. It's not like it is precise to the point where you can point out a guy in a group of three people and say with certainty he has it.
    2) Reception sucks inside. There is a chance you wouldt get triangulation in time.
    3) If I stole an iphone to keep I would be on top of things. Restore - game over. If I stole it to sell, it is no longer my problem, I would unload it for a wuick 300 bucks (without a contract you KNOW thats a steal) and not worry any longer. Would be awesome to beat up some kid who got his parents to buy him a "cheap" phone thinking he was the theif...
    1. Everyone has a place to sleep. Find it when they get home..
    2. The iPhone/iTouch's GPS works with wifi. Even better if they're inside.
    3. If you buy a stolen phone it isn't yours. If you buy a stolen car, it isn't yours. You can still be charged with "Receiving Stolen Property" or even "Knowingly Receiving Stolen Property", which is harder to prove.

Of course you can't make people empty their pockets. CALL THE PHONE. IT'S YOURS, YOU SHOULD KNOW THE NUMBER .

FindMyI.org
    2008-10-13 05:07 PM
    1. Everyone has a place to sleep. Find it when they get home..
    2. The iPhone/iTouch's GPS works with wifi. Even better if they're inside.
    3. If you buy a stolen phone it isn't yours. If you buy a stolen car, it isn't yours. You can still be charged with "Receiving Stolen Property" or even "Knowingly Receiving Stolen Property", which is harder to prove.

Of course you can't make people empty their pockets. CALL THE PHONE. IT'S YOURS, YOU SHOULD KNOW THE NUMBER .

FindMyI.org
    I just find it silly that everyone assumes we are the ONLY ones in the know and that anyone who steals the phone would be an idiot that knows nothing about the phone and would just walk around making calls. And i feel sorry for a person who, over a couple hundred dollar phone is going on a manhunt and breaking faces while they sleep. WiFi? yeah the first thing the crook is gonna do is run home and hop on wifi... And yes receiving stolen property is a crime. If you are going to get someone like that arrested you are an @$$. You might be legally in the right, but still an @$$ But I also think it might be just a bit tough to use a third party app like this in court. Either way, use it if you love it so much. I will admit defeat when even ONE person says their phone was saved with something like this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-10-13 07:02 PM
    did anyone read my post? this exists with navizon by text
    2008-10-13 07:42 PM
    i thinkits a great idea. i have gps trakers on all my cars and there set to report there location once a day in the middle of the night (someone that might have the stolen property are more likely to be home during those hours so you can find out who they are) a similer feture i think would be very helpfull b/c ive had phones stolen befor and the numbers and pics are whats more worth getting back to me.

T
    2010-05-22 10:52 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD