So I was wondering if anyone could create a simple little app that just plays sound.

Since a car clicker plays a radio frequency that is inaudable to humans I was thinking that we could create an app that would play this sound. It should work when you play it near your car to unlock, lock your car instead of having to carry around the clicker with you.

In theory this should work, you would just have to ssh into your phone and put your actual sound file that you record yourself into the proper directory.

It seems like a simple app to create so if anyone is up to give it a try that would be great.
    2008-03-01 09:58 PM
    If you can already record the sound, you don't need an app to play it, just make a playlist in itunes. ...it's faster and easier.
    2008-03-02 03:07 AM
    I agree with reiichi
    2008-03-02 03:50 AM
    well, im going to give it a try as a playlist, and if i can get it to work however i might try to slap something together. It would be much more convenient as icon on your springboard than having to go into your ipod and go onto the playlist and do it that way. well, tomorrow im going to buy a mic to see if i can actually get this to work or not.
    2008-03-02 07:55 AM
    I don't think that the speaker of the iphone can reproduce that high of a freqency. Normally you would need a ultrasonic transducer. Humens can't hear above 16.000 - 18.0000 Hz depending on age. It would surprize me if the phone can do that.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
    2008-03-02 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD