User Tag List

hey everyone, this is my first post, and probably not a good to start on, but im wondering if anyone knows of ,aybe a work in development for an app to control vista media center? sorta like a remote control type of thing. probably a long shot, but i think something like that would be popular. oh, and of course i must ask for an a2dp hack....
    2007-09-10 01:32 AM
    possible...maybe an app on iphone/itouch that connects to a program running in vista that relays input from iphone
    2007-09-11 01:07 AM
    Well the thing is that most of the iPhone devs are hard core mac users and aren't really interesting in writing apps for Vista (just thought I would point that out)
    2007-09-12 04:20 AM
    there is a program called signal that can control itunes or windows media player i believe, but it costs money

do a google for iphone signal and see if that works for what you need
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."
    2007-09-12 06:57 AM
    Well the thing is that most of the iPhone devs are hard core mac users and aren't really interesting in writing apps for Vista (just thought I would point that out)
    Hahaha!! There are probably quite a few unix coders out there that would love to take over a Vista computer Think of it...macs...controlling PC's. aaahh... hmm...sounds a little too dominatrix to me. nvmnd
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable
    2007-09-13 04:32 AM
    Look for a program called WEBGUIDE

Install it onto your Media Centre PC (Vista or XP) and you can browse program guides, stream music, recorded programs, and do just about everything remotely.

Best of all, it only requires a browser on your device. Works great on PPC and Iphone.
    2007-10-01 09:35 PM
    how would this work the iphone has no infrared... what would be the point?
    2007-10-04 05:09 AM
    klaze : Wifi bro Wifi. Or edge even for that matter.
    2007-10-05 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD