User Tag List

Well i think an app should be made not rlly a big app but like nes like he screen in the middle then there is like a gas button on the right and a brake on the left and u turn the ipod to steer
    2008-03-04 12:21 AM
    there is such an app.. its called ContraSense look for it in Installer.app
    2008-03-04 01:30 AM
    there is such an app.. its called ContraSense look for it in Installer.app
    ContraSense is not the game he's describing. His idea is that you turn the phone like a steering wheel. ContraSense you just tilt the phone and the car slides around sort of in the 'Labyrinth' fashion.

At the OP: I've also been wishing for an app like this for a while also. But for a game like this to be effective (in my head at least) it would have to be 3d, and the graphics engine for the iphone isn't in place yet. There are developers working on it and doing a great job (see Yeti3d and PacMan3d). But you can see the technology has a long way to go.

The other way I could see this working is an overhead racer (like a couple of games on teagames), where you could look down on the phone and tilt it left and right to turn, and have gas and break on the screen like you said. This is a lot more of a realistic goal for racing games.
    2008-03-04 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD