The new Multimedia Messaging app in the App store is great, but I have a couple problems with it. One being that the person gets the message from one of Hook Mobile's email addresses.

We've seen Spoof App work for calls. I'd like to see an app just like the new MMS app in the App store that would show my number on the receiver's phone. I'm guessing this would allow them to reply directly to the message instead of having to go back and find another message by you or creating a new text and sending it to you.

Also, the whole "reply with 'Y'" thing is annoying on the MMS app, so I wouldn't want to see that in a new app.

And finally, I don't want to see any ads. :/ They suck!

If someone would make an MMS app that does all this, I'd pay up to $30 for something like that (not sure about everyone else, though). This would give us 1/2 of exactly what MMS on the iPhone should be.

Summary: To make it simple, do exactly what Multimedia Messaging in the App store does, but

1. send from your number instead of Hook Mobile's email address, so it shows up as your name or number on their phone.

2. no "reply with 'Y'"

3. NO ADS!
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.
    2009-02-18 07:04 AM
    I think in the details about the application it says that they will have a full version coming out soon.
    I'm assuming it will cost money. And have no ads.
    Hopefully it will have some of the other things you have mentioned.
    2009-02-18 07:10 AM
    Well, I don't think they'll have the first one (being able to cover up the email with your own number). I don't think Apple will approve of that because people will take advantage of that. Unless it's possible for the app to detect what your phone number is without you actually submitting whatever number you want.

2009-02-18 07:27 AM
    That's true.
    I'm sure that won't happen.
    But I'm sure they will try to find a way to get it working with your phone number.
    If not.
    Recently lots of people have been getting swirly working from what I can see.
    I myself can not. But there are new unlimited messaging packages on the ATT website that supposedly enable MMS to work through SwirlyMMS.
    2009-02-18 07:31 AM
    I tried getting someone here (doesn't want me to mention his name) to enable it for me and it never worked. Then I deleted it from my phone and was going to try reinstalling it but the install link doesn't show up. Now I can't get swirly on my phone.

2009-02-18 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD