The iPhone's accelerometer feature is great and inovative and all, but sometimes it's a bit cumbersome. For instance, when laying on one's side and viewing a web page: the page is always oriented wrong. Or how about a picture that is rotated on its side? I rotate the phone to view the pic in the correct orientation, but the phone rotates the pic again!

I wish there was a way to toggle the accelerometer feature... Any volunteers?
    2008-03-14 08:29 AM
    Eh... I don't really think that would be too good of an idea, wouldn't an app that uses the accelerometer throw an error if it couldn't access it?

I'd like t see this too though, I'd also like a force landscape or portrait option as well. That way, when lying down, one could still view a web page in the orientation that we want to view it in.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2008-03-14 at 09:02 AM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-03-14 08:58 AM
    I don't think so. Couldn't the accellerometer app just spoof the output to remain constant?
    2008-03-14 09:01 AM
    His handle notwithstanding :-) I think Imahottguy's onto something. Leave the accelerometer active so that apps that need that info don't run into problems but give us the option of forcing landscape or portrait. It really is irksome not to be able to read web pages while lying on my side...
    2008-03-17 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD