I have a request of anyone who has the capability (sadly I don't, though I am in awe of all of you who do), an application that calculates conversions from Metric to English systems, and possibly of currencies - similar to the calculator on the Blackberry. Perhaps someone can quickly port over the mac calculator app that includes most of the functionality I mentioned.
    2007-09-24 07:11 PM
    That is a great idea. I do a lot of traveling to Europe for work. It would be great to have any app that did Imperial to metric
    2007-09-24 08:25 PM
    This is a web site. You can do all these conversion now using Safari on the iphone. Is there a reason why this it needs to be a native app?
    2007-09-25 03:35 AM
    someone has been working on an iPhone native calculator replacement... It's called IPHCalc or something... I think as of now, it doesn't add many features , but they were planning on adding conversion from binary to hex to decimal and percentages and stuff... I'm sure they would through in a metric to standard conversion..
    2007-09-25 04:12 AM
    This is a web site. You can do all these conversion now using Safari on the iphone. Is there a reason why this it needs to be a native app?

Web apps will NEVER even compete with native apps in my book ...so yeah a native app would be nice. I would never use a site to do it. Otherwise I would just use google to do it.
    2007-09-25 07:59 AM
    what if i'm in my basement with no reception and i NEED to convert something now. there is NEVER a reason why a useful app should not exist.

Is there possibly a widget that can do this? I'm still yet to download and try install a widget
    2007-09-25 09:00 AM
    The best Calculator that I have seen and it has pull down options menus is 1 CALC. It would be great to find an calculator application like that one.
    2007-09-29 05:49 PM
    +1 for the Calc app.

Reako
    2007-09-29 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD