Hi. Just recently I have been reading up on an open source program called loadlin (for windows). What this program does is basically allows someone to load linux on a computer running windows without having to reboot (You can read more about it [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loadlin"]here[/ame].) I was wondering if it would be possible at all to port this to the iPhone (or make a program like it from scratch to do the same job.) Obviously linux wouldn't have drivers for the iPhone by default but once you have a way to load your own operating system onto the iPhone you can start coding drivers or even a dedicated linux for the iPhone/iPod touch. I would do it myself but I can't program for toffee.

Thanks,
    Joe Knott A.K.A. hydraulicjj

----------------
    Now playing on iTunes: Rush - Between Sun & Moon
    via FoxyTunes

Bump.

----------------
    Now playing on iTunes: Rush - In The End
    via FoxyTunes
    Last edited by hydraulicjj; 2010-04-08 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-08 12:44 PM
    same thing i was looking for.....
    i saw on youtube ,HTC HD2 which is windows mobile boot android OS too so why cant iphone have its own OS along with ANDROID boot on it. hope this will come soon...........
    2010-04-08 06:10 PM
    There was the iPhone Linux project but that seems to have been abandoned and wasn't finished.

----------------
    Now playing on iTunes: Rush - Red Tide
    via FoxyTunes
    2010-04-08 06:12 PM
    ya i saw earlier it was like DOS promt programming n touchscreen was not working
    i wish android OS will soon come for iphone tooo he he so that we dont need to jailbreak n unlock again n again lol.
    2010-04-08 06:23 PM
    Aparently someone made windows mobile run on the iPhone
    however he hasn't released his program. :-/ It would certanly be possible to run android on the iphone with a bit of hacking around if someone ported Loadlin to the iPhone.

----------------
    Now playing on iTunes: Rush - Working Man
    via FoxyTunes
    2010-04-08 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD