This is something I have thought would be useful for some time now. What I mean is an app that you can open and put an auto-reply message similar to an email "out of office" reply. The ideal app would give you the option of turning it on/off and then personalizing the messages such as: "I'll reply to my text messages on my lunch hour today, I am in a business meeting."

Does anyone else agree this would be an awesome app?
    2010-05-06 04:53 AM
    Doesn't blackberry have this? I know one of my phones had it at one point but I go through to many phones to remember which. It worked great for when I was in meetings.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-05-06 05:06 AM
    My Supervisor has this ... But he is on Verizon and has a Blackberry Also. He also has an Automatic text message sent when you leave a voice mail.
    2010-05-06 06:12 AM
    I now see BB has it so my next question is: Why does the iPhone not? The blackberry, in my opinion, is old technology. This needs to come the the iPhone. Soon.
    2010-05-06 03:35 PM
    I'm pretty sure one of the "profile" apps will do this. Let me see if I can find it.
    2010-05-06 04:28 PM
    Really? I have not been able to find anything close to this yet.
    2010-05-06 04:30 PM
    I didn't find what I was looking for but I swear there's an app that will autosend a text when you're in a meeting based on your calendar.

Either way, look at calendarpro and ischedule in cydia. They may do what you're looking for.
    2010-05-06 04:43 PM
    im pretty sure iBlacklist has this feature. All you would have to do is set blacklist for every caller, and have it send a custom sms to anyone who txt or calls you. Then once you are back, disable iblacklist and you should be good..
    2010-05-06 09:25 PM
    on all my previous windows mobile phones, you could choose to ignore a call and send sn SMS text message. this is really needed, also this ability while the screen is locked.
    2010-05-07 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD