Hi,

i am trying to mod the battery icon in the top right hand corner of the springboard to show the circles you can find in the 'SphereSignal' app in modmyi. My idea was to create a theme where the circles start off large and then as the battery depletes, the circles get smaller.

As i am not that good at coding, i had a go but was unsuccessful!

Ideally, i would like the green circle to show when the battery is full, and then switch to the smaller red circle when the battery is low.

i have successfully managed to change the battery icon to a circle when the phone is charging however cannot change the circles to show when the battery is normal or there is low battery.

i dont know what to do! Initially i had downloaded another battery theme from cydia and just copied the text fields that are shown in their battery theme to match that for the circles however it will not change.

can anyone do this for me, or tell me the relevant text that needs to be matched to the image in order for it to change successfully on the springboard?

any help much appreciated!

thanks
    2010-05-06 08:31 PM
    sounds cool but I belive that it's actualy images not code I'll try and find out more but yeah sounds quite cool

yeah there are three primary images FSO-BatteryCharging, FSO-BatteryCharged and FSO-BateryInsides. that's all I've found so far but I'll keep looking

but if you want you could do it with the battery percentage which would probz be esier

FSO-BatteryLowBG is for the red portion
    Last edited by cheesymark; 2010-05-17 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-17 12:02 AM
    thanks for the reply mate.

yea i have done that but it doesnt seem to be working, the closest i have got it is the circle in the background however there is a white rectangle over the top of it, taking the shape of the original battery icon.

i have however managed to get the circle for the charging circle done correctly, it shows with no problem.

do you reckon you could have a go lol i dont know what im doing wrong!

cheers much appreciate the reply
    2010-05-17 12:28 AM
    sure I'll give it a go but it's 11:40 ATM in the uk so if it's possible could u put a download link to ur pics so I cab see what I'm dealing with and I'll look at it tmoz and give u a reply then.
    cheers
    mark

actually just email them to me
    life-style@hotmail.co.uk
    Last edited by cheesymark; 2010-05-17 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-17 12:44 AM
    emailed them over to you mate nice one cheers. let me know if you get anywhere im obviously useless!

cheers
    2010-05-17 12:53 AM
    nah u got most of the way. u know in the bundles folder in most themes it's has the com.apple.springboard thing I belive the image u r looking for Is called FSO_BatteryBG if u make that clear it should fix ur problem

also the images look awsome let me know how it goes
    Last edited by cheesymark; 2010-05-17 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-17 01:10 AM
    sorry for the noobness, so as long as i have the following i should be set?

FSO_BatteryCharging
    FSO_BatteryCharged
    FSO_BatteryInsides
    FSO_BatteryLowBG
    FSO_BatteryBG

im still a bit confused because if i was to make the green circle as the BG, then would there be conflict with the blue circle because it is bigger than the green?

cheers
    2010-05-17 01:15 AM
    Hey we all was a noob at some point I just taught myself through trial and error. there would be a conflict yes but if u make the BG clear I don't see why it wouldn't work

I need to sleep now otherwise I'll pay for it later. hopefully talk to u later hope it works out right
    Last edited by cheesymark; 2010-05-17 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-17 01:25 AM
    mehhhhh i cant do it lol.

ive tried renaming the circles and i created an empty circle for the BG, but it just doesnt want to work!

do you fancy having a go mate if you dont mind?

cheers
    2010-05-17 08:46 PM
    sure. is it ok if u email me the whole folder(s) zipped cos thy would make it easier for me
    thanks
    2010-05-17 09:08 PM
    done mate cheers much appreciated!
    2010-05-17 09:18 PM
    email it to me too please...
    muhdmuzammil@hotmail.com

in zip/rar
    Last edited by saltwarehouse; 2010-06-28 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-28 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD