I'm suggesting an app to access the IOS filesystem like SSH on any PC/Mac aside mine. I've already got ifunbox and iphonebrowser on my PC. For now I carry ifunbox on a pendrive but that's unnecessarily roundabout.

USB disk is a good step but it creates a virtual disk that can't be read in IOS (ala iFile). Pwntunes is closer to what I'm looking for with the "Misc" link but aside the fact that it's to be paid for it doesn't work on XP outright and the authentication method is very annoying (and useless at worst).

I wanna be able to copy files to and from my iphone the way Android users do via USB. I can guarantee that I can't always be able to use wifi to upload or download info to/from my iphone.

Why hasn't such a thing (aside pwntunes and USB disk) been done already? I asked a friend of mine who discovered his own IOS 4.2.1 exploit and he told me that it's only a "small" adjustment in IOS and he had it on his 2g 3.1.3 (i can confirm that). Problem is tying him down to getting this sort of thing done is difficult so am asking here.

EDIT
    Someone suggested Diskaid. My problem with Diskaid is the same I have with ifunbox and iphonebrowser. So now I have to install it on every machine I want to use to access my iphone filesystem? Not possible
    Last edited by Terrarist; 2011-05-26 at 11:59 AM.
    2011-05-26 11:52 AM
    You don't need to install iFunbox at all-- it runs with just the .exe file from any location or folder. What's wrong with it?
    2011-05-27 05:24 AM
    PhoneDisk. However SSH is the most comprehensive way and lets you do more. WinSCP.
    2011-06-22 05:05 AM
    I'm using iFunbox exactly as that but it's too round about. SSH is also the same cuz all I really want for this purpose is to transfer files to and from the iphone without direct access to my laptop where all my SSH programs etc reside.
    2011-06-22 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.