I know im not the only one who makes huge use o the qtweeter app to update twitter and FB. one of the things im kinda upset about is once ios 5 drops, the notification center will take the place of what qtweeter is able to do as far as the swipe down. which means i wont be able to use one of my favorite cydia apps. what i think would be great is if someone were to develop an app that is built into the notification center that has the same functionality. maybe replace the stock ticker with a social updater. just a thought
    2011-06-07 08:59 PM
    I use qTweeter all the time too. I imagine they would be able to just change the way it is accessed through Activator. Right?
    2011-06-07 09:51 PM
    thats the thing. i have been able to get absolutely NO reaction or response from Efiko regarding qtweeter, and finally gave up trying. im surprised it was even updated past 4.2.1. id love it if it was updated to allow for other modes of activation, but im just thinking it would be even better if another dev tweaked the notification center to allow for updating.
    2011-06-07 10:16 PM
    You can change it through activator I believe. I may have to download it again and check.
    2011-06-12 05:08 AM
    as far as i know, it only allows for one activation method. if you assign qtweeter to any other method, it simply opens up the setting for qtweeter, not the poster itself. now that i am seeing people creating SB settings for notification center, and possibly a music widget, im hopeful someone will create one with the purpose of updating social sites.
    2011-06-13 02:31 PM
    I jail broke my 4s on iOS 5.0.1 and installed a few apps from Cydia that was one of them. It worked and I just set activator to bring up qtweeter with a double tap of the top bar, and left the swiping down action to intelliscreen x. Everything was working fine until I eventually did a hard reset where the phone would get through the apple logo and then freeze permanently on the spring rotary symbol. I had to restore and jailbreak! I did so, and then installed things again, and kept installing apps one by one with a hard reset after each to find the offending app that caused that to freeze on a reboot. It did it right after I got to qtweeter and had it installed again. If you installed it and haven't done a hard reset/reboot yet, it works for now but will brick it up on your next reboot so uninstall it before you do and maybe you won't have to go through what I did.
    2012-01-23 04:01 AM
    I wish I had seen this before now. I just did the same thing, installed qtweeter, changed the activation method, and it worked - until I had to respring. Stuck just like the poster above me. Now I'll have to restore and lose a ton of hard work, pics, text conversations, etc.
    Anopsis
    I luvs me some iPhone.
    2012-01-27 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD