User Tag List

Hy
    I have a question. I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4 (both jailbroken)
    I have the vlc Player (Cydia or **********) on my iPad.
    And my question is if its possible to Remote my iPad vlc with my iPhone. Like Change Volume, Play, stop, and maybe choose a Movie. With the normal vlc Remote apps that didnt work.
    Is there any Solution in cydia or app Store ?
    thanks
    Bruno
    2011-09-28 03:42 PM
    first of all no piracy talks as u can see with the stars inside you parenthesis. as for the remote...why would u want that ? why not use the ipads controls? just gathering info...as i see no use of this unless ur ipads gonna be 5 feet away from u which is pointless because then u wont be able to see it really good
    2011-09-28 03:45 PM
    Veency (on the iPhone via Cydia) and VNC Viewer (RealVNC) work well for this purpose.
    2011-09-28 03:47 PM
    Sorry didnt See that piracy talks.
    And surre its Not really necessary to Remote that, but i wanted to Know if its possible. Yes its for the Case its to far to
    reach and so i can Remote it. Sounds stupid still i may can/wanna use it.
    So with that "veency" i can Remote my vlc Player on my iPad Not on Mac or pc?
    Thanks for Quick answers...
    2011-09-28 05:57 PM
    Not quite sure what you're looking for, but after installing Veency on the iPhone, a PC or Mac with VNC Viewer can 'log-in' to the iPhone and execute and view almost anything as if you were on the phone. Speed (or the lack thereof) is a big issue especially over WiFi, so don't expect great results.
    2011-09-28 08:49 PM
    no what i am looking for is:
    i have VLC Player on my iPad installed, and i want to remote my ipad with my iphone. so i can change the volume or press stop/play and so on on my iphone and my VlC (IPAD) stop/plays or changes volume. so i wanna remote my ipad with my iphone.
    Possible example: i have my ipad connected with my tv via cable, and i wanna pause a movie that i am playing with VLC (ipad). so i want to use my iphone to remote it.
    is that possible?
    and that veency ....... killed my iphone, its allways starting in t-save mode and respringing my spingboard.
    andy ideas? i have ios 5 beta 7
    (and please no on friday comes the ios5(maybe) and than reinstall it, thanks ;-))
    2011-09-29 02:59 PM
    no what i am looking for is:
    i have VLC Player on my iPad installed, and i want to remote my ipad with my iphone. so i can change the volume or press stop/play and so on on my iphone and my VlC (IPAD) stop/plays or changes volume. so i wanna remote my ipad with my iphone.
    Possible example: i have my ipad connected with my tv via cable, and i wanna pause a movie that i am playing with VLC (ipad). so i want to use my iphone to remote it.
    is that possible?
    and that veency ....... killed my iphone, its allways starting in t-save mode and respringing my spingboard.
    andy ideas? i have ios 5 beta 7
    (and please no on friday comes the ios5(maybe) and than reinstall it, thanks ;-))
    run Veency server on the iPad,
    and use Vncplayer on the iPhone.

(warning, either or both of these may not be compatible with iOS 5 yet)
    Veency reportedly IS, but some VNC clients may not be.
    2011-10-20 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD