User Tag List

I would love for someone to make a tweak that can make the Gmail app be the default mail app like Sparrow+ does. Essentially, this means opening Gmail instead of the normal iOS mail app on all buttons that send emails.

I can't imagine it would be too different from coding the Sparrow+ tweak or the BrowserChanger tweak which lets you choose your default browser instead of Safari.

Thanks so much!
    2012-07-30 02:58 PM
    There's not really anything that can do this bud, sorry.

The only thing I can think of is MailEnhancer from Cydia, but I'm not 100% sure it can change your default email app.
    2012-07-30 05:24 PM
    No, MailEnhancer doesn't do it, it's just for improving the default Mail app.

Is there a way I can look at the source code for cydia tweaks? If I can see the source for Sparrow+ and BrowserChooser, I'll take a shot at writing something myself. I'm probably imagining it to be much simpler to adapt those tweaks than it actually is though...
    2012-07-30 05:44 PM
    Unless it's open source, no. I'd suggest you contact the developers of them though, your idea is very good.
    2012-07-30 05:49 PM
    Unless it's open source, no. I'd suggest you contact the developers of them though, your idea is very good.
    2 of 3 developers got back to me (asked browserchooser, browser changer, and sparrow+) saying it's not possible because mailto links are a certain kind of ui view that arent simply links that gmail is compatible with. i think sparrow was built with that in mind which is why sparrow+ is possible.

oh well
    2012-07-31 03:32 AM
    So you'd basically have to recode the Gmail app. That just sucks -_-

Well like I said before, it's a very good idea even though it's not possible.
    2012-07-31 01:12 PM
    Is this feature still not possible? Pretty important.
    2013-04-30 05:54 PM
    The tweak "Default Gmail" (xsellize repo) worked for me in iOS 6 but only when clicking on email addresses. Other wise using share opens mail app
    Better than nothing
    2013-08-07 05:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD