Hi all,

I'm new to the forums here (and also pretty new to jailbreaking). One of the reasons I jailbroke was to be able to edit the APN settings of my iPhone 4S without having to use a complicated technique called the "T-Mobile SIM Swap." It works fine--it's just annoying to carry around a T-Mobile SIM just for this reason.

I believe there would be high demand for a cheap/free tweak that opens up the Cellular Data Network menu in General->Cellular. There are apps/tweaks that do this (TetherMe and APN Editing), but TetherMe is very full-featured and $5 (I don't need to tether or set up a personal hotspot), and APN Editing I believe is incompatible with iOS 6.

Hope this comes into being! Thanks.
    2013-02-05 09:16 PM
    There is APN Edit
    2013-02-08 02:46 AM
    I can't seem to install "APN Editing", the app on the Big Boss repo (ModMyi.com | APN Editing), if that's the package you're talking about. I can't seem to find "APN Edit" anywhere. It downloads, then after two "Configuring APN Editing" lines, says

(x) subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
    (x) Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1).

Then when I hit "Return to Cydia", Cydia warns me of a "Half-Installed Package", says that "When the shell scripts associated with packages fail, they are left in a bad state known as either half-configured or half-installed. These errors don't go away and instead continue to cause issues. These scripts can be deleted and the packages forcibly removed." I get the option to either "Ignore (Temporary)" or "Forcibly Clear (Unsafe)". I've been saying Ignore, and then removing the package, but just now I tried to respring and then went into settings. The cellular data network APN settings don't appear.

I figure it might be an app that just hasn't been updated for iOS 6? Thoughts?
    2013-02-08 03:26 AM
    I purchased tetherme yesterday because I use straight talk and needed to edit APN settings. Worked fine on 4S 6.1 . Only after I purchased it, did I realize there was a free option. I used it to fix a different phone today, and it works with 6.1 Add the repo: beta.leimobile.com/repo . App is called EditAPN.
    2013-02-11 01:47 AM
    That works great. Thanks so much!
    2013-02-11 08:58 PM
    Another way to accomplish this is to use activator. You virtually have to use it with most Cydia tweaks/apps anyhow. In Activator, you can set any kind of specific gesture to do or open any sort of thing the momment you do it. For instance if I wanted to open my Facebook app every time I shook my phone, activator allows me to do that. If I wanted to go to the setting for wi-fi every time I slide my finger upward on the screen, activator makes that possible. A similar process can be added for what you want to accomplish; however the farthest you'd be able to get is straight into general with one quick gesture, which is a hell of a lot faster than closing your current app, finding settings, and such and such. Who knows, you might actually be able to find a way to go straight to cellular through this method. Good Luck!
    2013-02-12 05:00 AM
    I purchased tetherme yesterday because I use straight talk and needed to edit APN settings. Worked fine on 4S 6.1 . Only after I purchased it, did I realize there was a free option. I used it to fix a different phone today, and it works with 6.1 Add the repo: beta.leimobile.com/repo . App is called EditAPN.
    thanks for the app advice it works great! I did an alternative method that's a bit slower then yours but works on none jailbroken phones..
    if you got a mac you can download this app here iPhone Configuration Utility 3.5 for Mac OS X you can then use it to generate your own profile and attach your own apn settings to it (you cant however change the mms settings)
    2013-04-25 09:12 AM
    APNs are fine. How about MMS settings? How to get to that>
    2014-01-27 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD