User Tag List

Thats free? Caterpillar is way overpriced and this is the only feature i want.

Thanks.
    2008-03-26 06:41 PM
    There is a feature in "Settings" that you can turn OFF "sms preview". That will stop the msg's from popping up on the lockscreen. If thats what your talking about.
    2008-03-26 07:14 PM
    Caterpillar stops the popup message completely. I hate that message!! Not only can it get you into trouble with a girlfriend *wink* but it can always intrude on a movie or video you are watching. Caterpillar blocks it 100%!

I am not paying 45 bucks for a stupid program.
    2008-03-26 07:21 PM
    I cant think of any other program out with that feature, however, just go under Settings - passcode - "turn off SMS preview" AND then set your sms notification to silent (no ring, nobody's got to know)

Same different (i believe thats what your talking about) for free, without installing anything.
    2008-03-26 07:32 PM
    i turned it off like u described, but it shows up everytime probably works only if u use passcode lock..
    2008-03-26 09:20 PM
    try this app http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30161 i personally couldnt figure it out but its worth a try.
    2008-03-26 09:24 PM
    cant you just set a passcode lock, turn the passcode lock "off" but still leave the sms pop up as off.

never felt the need to do it but always thought that would do it fine if i wanted to??

ive only just set my passcode and seen this feature myself....
    2008-03-26 10:09 PM
    sounds like someone can write this program quickly any takers?
    2008-03-26 10:28 PM
    changing that under settings does not work...
    2008-03-27 01:55 PM
    Wrong forum, Moved.
    2008-03-27 02:07 PM

Thanks.
    install intelliscreen

Thanks.
    install intelliscreen

install intelliscreen
    Last edited by nogo; 2008-10-26 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-26 02:16 PM
    Intelliscreen is not Free.

I have purchased intelliscreen and have basically stopped using it. My 3G slows to a crawl, half the time it keeps running over and over on the lock screen, and it loves to interfere with other programs.

I tried Pysl. Nice program, if it worked. The problem is that when the phone is locked NO Notification. None. Even if you have it turned on. It doesn't vibrate, light up, or anything. It simply stays dead. But it does very well at making it vibrate in my ear when I'm on a call when it receives a text, even when I have vibrate shut off.

Tried iBlacklist, same no-notification when the iPhone is locked.

Tried Kate (Caterpillar). This is even worse than intelliscreen for interfering with other apps. Can't even run Winterboard with it. Not to mention that simply installing the app jumbled my 10 screens of icons into mish mash that I couldn't get back. Had to spend an hour re-organizing icons after I managed to pry Kate out of my system by hand (because Installer kept crashing).

SO- For any enterprising developer out there. ALL I want is SMS privacy.. That's it.. NO POPUPS. I'll pay to help develop it. I'll give it a website to promote it. Whatever you need. I just want a simple solution that doesn't care what else I have installed and just stops the phone from popping up anything while I'm in the middle of everything.
    2008-12-06 08:36 AM
    +1. I might pay more than most!

Can't get Psyl to work at all...great idea, poor execution.

p.s. Imagine flipping through your photo library, showing pictures to some coworkers and a big popup SMS comes through..."oh my god I want to do you right now". BTW also imagine the SMS is from another coworker...name displayed loud and clear.
    2008-12-07 06:04 AM
    iBlacklist for iPhone

Okay boys and girls I found it: iBlacklist on Cydia

And it works - I tested it thoroughly - for calls and SMS. It can still notify you of a blocked call or SMS up in the top bar next to the battery, and even chime and vibe. But NO popup SMS, and no SMS in your regular app. Password protected too. The SMS's are saved inside iBlacklist, and if you reply within the program, the SMS reply will live in the program too, no trace in the general SMS app.

I did not notice any way of exporting the SMS's to email. The free version only blocks two contacts. Not sure who the stud is that needs more than two contacts blocked...unless they've eaten a lot of coyote breakfasts, if you know what I mean...

Psyl does list all these features too but doesn't work at all.
    2008-12-08 06:48 AM
    Please see my previous post about iBlacklist not notifying when the phone is locked (by notify I mean either play a sound [as selected] or vibrate [as selected]).
    2008-12-08 08:55 AM
    iBlacklist works fine for me. I just tried it again to be sure...rings and vibes as selected, when locked. Pysl didn't work at ALL.
    2008-12-15 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD