User Tag List

I dont know about you guys but when im driving and trying to call someone or text i feel like my eyes coming off the road is going to bite me in the A**
    So I was just wondering if anyone has tried to create or know anything about the voice activated dialing that many new phones have. Just trying to look out for everyones safety.

Thanks
    2007-10-10 06:05 AM
    one day one day but dont drive and text
     Think Different
    2007-10-10 06:11 AM
    Voice calling should be coming sometime between video recording capabilities and a copy-paste function...
    2007-10-10 06:16 AM
    Voice calling should be coming sometime between video recording capabilities and a copy-paste function...
    cant wait
    2007-10-10 06:53 AM
    I dont know about you guys but when im driving and trying to call someone or text i feel like my eyes coming off the road is going to bite me in the A**
    So I was just wondering if anyone has tried to create or know anything about the voice activated dialing that many new phones have. Just trying to look out for everyones safety.

Thanks
    This happened to me last Thursday. Driving in rush hour traffic in Oakland (Bay Bridge), looked down at my iPhone for a second to try and call a number in my favorites list,looked up and BAM! iPhone related traffic accident.

Voice dialing would have saved my a**.

one day one day but dont drive and text
    Nearly impossible for me to do on the iPhone. Which is probably a good thing. It was getting waaaay too easy to text people while driving with my Audiovox SMT5600. Granted, I rarely even needed to look at the phone when texting though. The iPhone is impossible to type on without looking at the screen.

Last edited by blast7; 2007-10-12 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-12 05:09 PM
    I do call when driving ONLY because I can voice dial any number with my AT&T 8125 pda/phone... using (ugh) MS voice command, it works. Set a button to activate vc and say "dial 1234567" it repeats to make sure it's correct and I say "yes" and it dials or "no" and it says "try again"

I WON'T drive and look at the phone, that's just stupid.
    2007-10-13 04:36 PM
    Does anyone know if anyone is working on this one?
    2007-12-20 02:40 PM

Thanks
    actually at&t offers the option for around $6 a month,,,,,,,,,
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,
    2007-12-20 02:48 PM
    Is VoiceSignal going to come out with something for just voice dialing on the iphone?
    2007-12-20 06:57 PM
    im trying to start working on something that could do voice reconigtion, dont know how itll pan out.. first goal is to have the app speak a text input you give it. but the api supports voice recognition also.
    2007-12-21 01:22 AM
    any luck yet drunkbass?
    2008-02-09 02:49 AM
    wow 6 dollars 4 something like that come on at&t
    2008-02-10 09:44 AM
    found a app called voice dial which work well u can download it from installer let me know if this helps
    2008-02-10 02:15 PM
    found a app called voice dial which work well u can download it from installer let me know if this helps
    This is just a trial that stops working after 5 tries... and it costs 30 bucks to buy... no thanks!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-02-10 02:31 PM
    But does it work good? I would like something like this to open bookmarks and stuff like that too. Voice recognition would complete me.
    2008-02-10 05:10 PM
    But does it work good? I would like something like this to open bookmarks and stuff like that too. Voice recognition would complete me.
    i used it more than 5 time and it work great
    2008-02-10 05:34 PM
    The VoiceSignal folks are, in fact, working on something for the iphone. So far, it doesn't look like it's got the capabilities of the VoiceSignal app I had on my S60 Nokia but if they can get something that works as well or better on iphone I'd gladly purchase a copy...no problem. Loved that app and, as someone already said, looking at the phone or texting while driving is just plain stupid.
    2008-02-19 05:07 AM
    I tried that Voice app more than 5 times and still working.
    2008-06-05 02:58 AM
    I've been using the Voice Dial app for a week or so and it works great. You can also use it to open any app on your phone. I've got the, um, "enhanced" version but we won't talk about that here.
    2008-06-05 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD