Name: Flutter
    Category: Social Networking
    Released: Sep 12, 2008
    Price: Free

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...290249148&mt=8

Note: It only sends NO RECEIVING MMS

Description:
    Picture messaging takes flight for the first time on the iPhone! Send unlimited picture messages and geo-tagged location to any mobile phone in the world. Now, you have the convenience of sending multi-media messages (MMS) to virtually any mobile phone number in your iPhone contact book. When creating a picture or simple text message using Flutter, you have the option to attach your location. Flutter automatically adds a link to your message so friends can instantly view your location on Google Maps! Send to one or multiple recipients at a time. Messages are sent over Wifi or a data connection. Your messages are private and contact info is not stored. Start fluttering!
    2008-09-12 11:32 PM
    Hmm. Looks interesting. I will give it a go and see how it goes.
    2008-09-12 11:41 PM
    sounds bad swirly FTW
    2008-09-13 12:00 AM
    Well, I've been waiting thirty minutes for them to send me the password that I supposedly have to enter.

It asks for your mobile number, and yet I've recieved no SMS, so I can't even try the app.

Fail.
    2008-09-13 12:08 AM
    Sorry about that. Having trouble with the rush today. We were expecting launch on Mon so caught a bit off guard.

Posted more info here flutter

Cheers!
    2008-09-13 04:07 AM
    Thats kinda dumb it doesnt send an actual picture message, id rather send an email to a phone number....and you cant receive mms? No thanks
    iLive an iLife
    2008-09-13 04:36 AM
    Out of curiousity, how do you send an email to a mobile phone number?! And how does the recipient view it?!

There is a way to enable receiving MMS. It would be a work around solution again, not "true" receiving MMS. Only Apple can enable true MMS sending/receiving.
    2008-09-13 05:21 AM
    You just send you picture in the mail.app to the phone number at whatever carrier code it is (look up the various carrier codes)...for example (xxx)[email protected] in a way implies at&t's viewmymessage.com on others
    iLive an iLife
    2008-09-13 06:33 AM
    This app is junk, but discuss it in the thread inside the News forum...
    2008-09-13 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD