All of you that are saying it sends a link are wrong. It only sends links to other iPhone users because the iPhone cannot receive MMS. The developer has no control over this, so instead he/she has it send a link where you can view it in Safari. If you send a picture to a phone that isn't an iPhone, that person gets a text asking them to reply with "Y" so they can receive pics. After doing that once, they get pics just like they would if a non-iPhone user sent them and your name and number is displayed in the subject.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.
    2009-02-16 09:24 PM
    This app works great from iphone to iphone and iphone to regular phones with the exception of the replying Y. But you still can't recieve an MMS when from a regular phone. AT&T still want you to go to the viewmymessages website.
    2009-02-16 09:44 PM
    This app works great from iphone to iphone and iphone to regular phones with the exception of the replying Y. But you still can't recieve an MMS when from a regular phone. AT&T still want you to go to the viewmymessages website.
    Am I the only one that doesn't receive viewmymessage.com links on my phone? Now I have to make a thread about it. <_<

2009-02-17 06:05 AM
    Am I the only one that doesn't receive viewmymessage.com links on my phone? Now I have to make a thread about it. <_<
    No, your not the only one. I tried having my wife send me a message from her Razor tonight, but I didn't receive any notification at all. I was expecting the link, but nothing.
    2009-02-17 07:55 AM
    Call in, they need to enable it. That's what they did with mine.
    wwjd
    2009-02-17 08:24 AM
    It said "Only available to AT&T iPhone users only"

So I guess it wont work if you have T-MObile?
    2009-02-17 11:25 AM
    Call in, they need to enable it. That's what they did with mine.
    ohhhh,thanks. i was wondering why i couldnt get them either.
    like a circus...
    2009-02-18 01:16 AM
    skb875, thanks. I'll do that. =]

istorm, if I had T-Mobile, I'd just use Swirly.

2009-02-18 05:24 AM
    Works great, non iphone friends can finally get my MMS (and it's not a link) I'm happy the way it receives MMS too, one simple click, no longer have to use any codes etc. (good enough for me)
    2009-02-23 02:36 AM
    which program is recommended? arw non-internet phones charged for internet access?
    Last edited by bruinsrme; 2009-02-23 at 02:59 AM.
    2009-02-23 02:57 AM
    which program is recommended? arw non-internet phones charged for internet access?
    It uses the internet to get the photo to the MMS server so yes.

If you are asking of the recepient will be charged, no.

Using this new MMS app, if you send a MMS to a non-iphone, non-internet phone, they receive a normal MMS message. (the same format normal MMS message as if anyone else sent it) They are only charged for normal MMS fee's, would have nothing to do with internet access.
    2009-02-23 08:06 AM
    thank you
    2009-02-24 02:30 AM
    Its not working for me. I've tried sending to my husband's phone (samsung flip phone) and my mom's palm treo. They both got the message asking them to reply with a Y to receive. I replied from both phones and then resent messages to both of them but I haven't gotten any responces. I haven't heard my husbands phone, so I dont think he got it. Haven't heard from my mom. I also sent one to my sister who has an iphone and she says she got a message, but i'm not sure what exactly it was.

It seems to be working! I just got a message from my sister who is on a 3g iphone.

"MMS Alert: Subj: MMS from herphonenumber. View message here linkhere"

when i click the link it pops up a safari window. works for me.
    Last edited by babydol; 2009-02-24 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-24 04:09 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD