Hey,
    Can anyone tell (or better, show) me how to use the iphone vnc viewer (in my case, jaadu) over a usb cable? I tried googling this up, but all i got was controlling the iphone with veency, though there was a dead article on reverse tunneling...
    Can anyone explain? TY.
    2009-07-23 03:30 AM
    I don't believe any VNC app runs over USB. The computer and iPhone have to be networked, with the computer running a VNC server. Jaadu VNC is a VNC client/viewer, meaning that it connects to another machine. This works fine on the same network, or via VPN. Jaadu Connect is an application that runs as a server on your computer and allows remote connections. Mac OS X has built a built-in VNC server. For Windows, I either use RealVNC or UltraVNC.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2009-07-23 04:13 AM
    i know the vnc server doesnt run on the vnc, i just want to get my "iphone and computer networked" with a usb cable.

Iphone running vnc viewer (jaadu)
    computer running RealVNC

connection with usb possible?

btw: I know how to vnc... already have it running over wifi and edge i just want to know how to connect the phone to the computer without internet.
    2009-08-08 09:27 AM
    I don't think the connection will work. Maybe if you could establish an SSH tunnel but I don't know. If the computer has wifi, try an ad-hoc wireless network.
    2009-08-08 09:52 AM
    This will not work. VNC is designed for networking e.g. over WIFI just enable wifi on your phone, connect it to your home wireless network and use it that way.
    2009-08-08 10:24 AM
    This will not work. VNC is designed for networking e.g. over WIFI just enable wifi on your phone, connect it to your home wireless network and use it that way.
    Actually, it does work. If you assign static IPs to both the computer and the iPhone, with a shared router address, it works fine.

I agree though. Run it all through the local network. Why do you want to VNC to your computer when you have to be close enough so you can connect the cable?
    2009-08-08 10:37 AM
    Download veency from cydia let's you view your iPhone on your pc
    2009-08-11 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD