Since 3.0 came out and I thought Tomtom would be out by now I decided I would rather not wait for Tomtom they are taking to long and I do not want to buy Tomtoms car kit for one and others have beat them to the draw...

So I decided to do some research on what is there to offer me at this time... as I was cruising the appstore and websites this is what I came up with and thought I would share it with you if you are trying to decide what one to buy also...

So far Navigon is a winner for me so far.... what would your decision be?

A few folks over at Mac Forums had a decision about Tomtom read for yourself what they had to say and think.

TomTom Special Media Event on September 22nd? - Mac Forums

Also I thought I would add these graphics so you can compare yourself.

iPhone Navigation App Comparison Chart
    2009-08-15 04:50 AM
    I agree navigon by far!! It's really good!! And hope future updates perfect it(:
    2009-08-15 04:54 AM
    I like Navigon
    2009-08-15 04:55 AM
    The side by side comparison tells it all for those that haven't bought a Nav app as of yet. I agree, Navigon FTW
    2009-08-15 05:00 AM
    Boy you guys you are right on the ball! I just posted this thread! Thanks for commenting so quickly! I thought I might add I found it interesting what the folks at Mac Forums had to say about Tomtom.... I think everyone got tired of waiting for Tomtom and some think that their app might be cheap but as for the kit they think they will mark it up so they can make money from the kit more than the app.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 2009-08-15 at 05:05 AM. Reason: added more
    2009-08-15 05:03 AM
    ^ Yea I got tired of waiting on TomTom
    2009-08-15 05:07 AM
    Who says tomtom is going to be better then navigon anyways?! Btw! If I'm not mistaken there is already a thread about this...it may help ur desicion
    2009-08-15 05:10 AM
    ^ actually I think there are 3 threads on this already. But this is nice with the comparisons.
    2009-08-15 05:17 AM
    Lol oh but yea I was just pointing it out because maybe she/others wanted to read those threads if u are plannig to buy one
    2009-08-15 05:23 AM
    Yes this thread is about Nav Comparisons. I thought people would like to see the charts so that it helps them decide as well. The prices they want for these apps are not cheap that is for sure. I do not mind paying for a app if I like it but with what they want for them it is best to do your home work first before deciding and then to buy one that you thought you will like and then feeling like you got burned...

Lol oh but yea I was just pointing it out because maybe she/others wanted to read those threads if u are plannig to buy one
    Your time would be appreciated very much so if you wanted to add the threads to add more input to this topic.

Thanks!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 2009-08-15 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-15 05:27 AM
    Newegg has a refurb TomTom 130 for $49.00 after $20.00 mail-in rebate, which isn't a bad deal.
    2009-08-15 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD