i have a unlocked and jailbroken 3.0 iphone 2G.

after doing the manual fix, i was able to connect to ping and send. but i cannot receive..

seems that a lot of people have this problem, is there a solution????
    2009-10-05 04:45 PM
    i have a unlocked and jailbroken 3.0 iphone 2G.

after doing the manual fix, i was able to connect to ping and send. but i cannot receive..

seems that a lot of people have this problem, is there a solution????

Ditto... With the push fix I've never been able to get push notifications with apps like Beejive and now Ping
    2009-10-07 06:02 AM
    I finally got push working as well as ping on my jailbreak/unlocked iphone on tmo.

You need to do the restore w/an ATT Sim card method then re-jaibreak and unlock. in my case I had an old cingular 3g sim. either way it did the job.
    2009-10-08 08:17 PM
    what if i already have att? but i'm unlocked as well because im not using an iphone plan.

also what FW are you using? 3.0 or 3.1? thx

markjnj, what direction did you use? thx

maybe i have to buy an unactivated att sim card? since my att sim is already activated
    Last edited by rlee; 2009-10-09 at 12:47 AM.
    2009-10-09 12:42 AM
    * You need an Unactivated or Activated ATT Sim
    * Take out your T-Mobile SIM and Pop in your Unactivated ATT Sim card (Just found out any ATT Sim is ok).
    * Restore and Jailbreak with redsn0w (If you are already jailbroken and deleted wildcard_record.plist, you can skip this step)
    * Go to Settings -> General -> Network, and disable 3G
    * Let iTunes activate the phone - you should get a “Waiting for activation.” message, dismiss it and Open cydia.
    * Add the Ultrasn0w with source repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    * Install ultrasn0w and turn off your phone
    * Remove the ATT sim and insert your T-Mobile sim
    * Turn on the phone, once you receive service you should get the message. “iPhone has been activated”
    * You should gain signal bars and your push notifications should work. Remember to go into network settings and add your APN for your data plan. Test push notifications with the free version of the AIM app
    2009-10-09 09:45 PM
    * You need an Unactivated or Activated ATT Sim
    * Take out your T-Mobile SIM and Pop in your Unactivated ATT Sim card (Just found out any ATT Sim is ok).
    * Restore and Jailbreak with redsn0w (If you are already jailbroken and deleted wildcard_record.plist, you can skip this step)
    * Go to Settings -> General -> Network, and disable 3G
    * Let iTunes activate the phone - you should get a “Waiting for activation.” message, dismiss it and Open cydia.
    * Add the Ultrasn0w with source repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    * Install ultrasn0w and turn off your phone
    * Remove the ATT sim and insert your T-Mobile sim
    * Turn on the phone, once you receive service you should get the message. “iPhone has been activated”
    * You should gain signal bars and your push notifications should work. Remember to go into network settings and add your APN for your data plan. Test push notifications with the free version of the AIM app
    what if i already have ATT?????? my sim is obviously an "activated att" sim already...
    2009-10-12 03:45 PM
    I would guess you follow the same procedure w/out removing your sim since you're already on ATT. so basically re-jailbreak and re-unlock.
    2009-10-12 04:37 PM
    I would guess you follow the same procedure w/out removing your sim since you're already on ATT. so basically re-jailbreak and re-unlock.

what FW you use? i herad there were problems with 3.1, should i stick with 3.0? thx
    2009-10-12 08:38 PM
    I'm on 3.0.
    2009-10-12 09:25 PM
    Update available in AppStore now!
    2009-10-13 08:24 PM
    Ping works well with the update however the keyboard hides the part where you type.Its still a good app.
    I use ipushit where you can also send a picture like mms.
    It uses your phone number where you must have it in country code.
    I use it mainly with my daughter as she doesnt have a large plan and mms /sms are costly to her.
    My signiture? Whats that...............
    2009-10-14 10:05 PM
    Push fix just solves the problme getting past the "connecting" window, but it doesnt fix push at all! I tried and tried an couldnt get ping working properly on my iphone 2g... I can send messages, theres no problem with that. but i cant receive any, and when i would receive the i get like 30 at one time... has anybody found a solution that 100% works to get Ping! fixed for jb and unlocked iphone (2g)? cheers
    2009-10-15 06:05 PM
    Yeah, I think it's the app tbh. Everything else works perfect 4 me and to many people jb or not complain of same issues. Oh well
    2009-10-15 11:47 PM
    Oook!

I FOUND IT

ook! the definitive solution to all u guys with unlocked and jailbroken iPhones:
    iPhone Push Fix - Home
    buy his fix for 5.99$ which isn't too much considering the work and support behind it (trust me)) and you will get GREAT support and a EASY guide to fix your push problem! Works great for me on my unlocked/jailbroken iphone 2G on FW 3.1.2

Ping! works like a charm. it takes u no more than 5 minutes and your able to send and receive messages through ping!

If I helped you pleas hit the thank buttom
    2009-10-16 11:45 AM
    Hi Guys just thought id just update you. So i got another 3g and gave the mrs my old 1 but i restored and jb both and setup as new, downloaded ping from appstore on phone....still crash, deleted it and download from pc, sync and now it works 100% no crashes, all messages pushed. I got 1 iphone on old 4 baseband and 1 on new 5 bb on 3.1.2
    2009-10-24 06:23 PM
    Oook!

I FOUND IT

ook! the definitive solution to all u guys with unlocked and jailbroken iPhones:
    iPhone Push Fix - Home
    buy his fix for 5.99$ which isn't too much considering the work and support behind it (trust me)) and you will get GREAT support and a EASY guide to fix your push problem! Works great for me on my unlocked/jailbroken iphone 2G on FW 3.1.2

Ping! works like a charm. it takes u no more than 5 minutes and your able to send and receive messages through ping!

If I helped you pleas hit the thank buttom
    Damn...from what i've read this seems legit. I'm itching to buy it, but he's not selling it right now
    2009-10-24 08:20 PM
    he is busy coding an app for cydia that will surely going to be in cydia in the near future so just check his site or his facebook profile

Jus checked his site! he is still selling
    Purchase | Pushfix.info

you should get the code within 12 hours and you will have to install it through terminal
    Last edited by madczech; 2009-10-30 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-30 11:57 AM
    Yeah I was able to get a keychain from him and now I'm enjoying push

ping id : .obey.
    2009-10-30 08:00 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD