User Tag List

Is there any IM app that can run in the background all the time and never log out so that I can be online all the time.
    I have tried Nimbuzz, eBuddy and Palringo also but they dont stay online all the time. I have also used the "Backgrounder" app/fiz form the Cydia store but it doesnt even help this matter.

Thanks
    2009-10-07 07:19 PM
    Some of them like IM and Nimbuzz have push support now so you wont miss something directed at you.Have you tried the push settings?
    My signiture? Whats that...............
    2009-10-07 08:42 PM
    Yes I have tried Nimbuzz also. When I click on the setting to stay the application up to the max(which is i think 12 hours) but even then when I click the menu button on iphone or the middle button the application shuts off and no push notifications. I am just sick and tired of iPhone for not supporting background running of applications. THis is the only reason I dont like iPhone.
    2009-10-07 09:05 PM
    Its only because Apple preffer it that way.Background works with the music...
    I bought a new 3GS so lost my jailbreak completely.
    On windows so waiting for the crack.
    I can't try the backgrounder for you but hopefully someone else can.
    Good thread Ill keep my eyes on this.
    My signiture? Whats that...............
    2009-10-07 09:15 PM
    IM will stay online for up to three days at a time. If you set it that way under the settings. If you log on once a day then you are good. That is what I use love it. Works with skype/aol/msn/twitter/facebook/yahoo/googel talk/jabber/icq/myspace
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.
    2009-10-07 09:41 PM
    if you don't mind paying for an app beejive is the best. no problems w/ push over here.

I don't know how I have my settings, but even if I quit all my IM apps (iphone and computer), I remain online somehow and when people IM me, it sends it via text...dunno how that happened but it's pretty cool.
    2009-10-07 10:01 PM
    IM is the same way it will give you the ballon that says someone is IM you. I know some apps like facebook will do it within the app or online computer. You can set it up so when someone says something it will send it in a text to your phone.

Hey 003 What app do you use for mail? Or do you use the one that is standard on the phone?
    2009-10-07 10:07 PM
    There are several threads about IM apps.

BeeJive. It will keep you logged in for 7 days.....if you dont use it enough to get logged out in 7 days, sounds like you dont need an IM app.
    2009-10-07 11:40 PM
    lets see i will try that. Is IM you are referring here is IM+. Is it paid? Is beejive paid also?
    2009-10-08 12:35 AM
    By IM I mean "Instant Messaging".

BeeJive is by far the best of whats out. And yes its paid.
    2009-10-08 12:37 AM
    2009-10-08 12:57 AM
    Another +1 for BeeJive by far worth the $ spent on it. The price looks steep next to the .99 or 1.99$ items but if you im a lot it is well worth it. As said before it keeps you in logged in 7 days and has push.
    2009-10-08 01:47 AM
    Beejive. End of line.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.
    2009-10-08 03:11 AM
    IM is the same way it will give you the ballon that says someone is IM you. I know some apps like facebook will do it within the app or online computer. You can set it up so when someone says something it will send it in a text to your phone.

Hey 003 What app do you use for mail? Or do you use the one that is standard on the phone?
    I just use the default mail app, but i also use gpush to notify me of new mail coming in w/ preview.
    2009-10-08 04:21 AM
    Well I guess I need to try out Beejive it is only 9.99 where IM+ is i think 12.99 so save money.
    2009-10-08 12:59 PM
    I didnt knew beejive was that popular. I will try it !
    lolz a month ago I sold my iPhone just bcoz it cudnt keep the IM in the background lolz! I think I will have to buy it again now lolz anyone selling
    2009-10-08 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD