User Tag List

Pandorum Evo-Scanner

Price: Free
    Download Link

The Evo-Scanner app is the second in a line of Pandorum apps. This one is targeted at the DVD release. It's a toy that allows you to "scan" your friends, family, dog, boss, etc. It then goes through a pretty advanced animation of a scanning procedure that ends with a result - Human or Mutant. The interface is pretty and the app is a unique twist on the typical "scanner"-type app. It also provides links to enter a free sweepstakes (free stuff is good), view the trailer, and purchase the movie on DVD/Blu-Ray.

The app may not be the next end-all productivity must have, but I love scanning my boss and showing co-workers the result or mutant! We even had a nephew pretty upset at Christmas because he was certain he would meet his fate as a mutant. I had to scan him, hi-tech sound effects and all, until it showed up "Human" again - the process is truly random, although my dog seems to show up as a mutant every time.

Overall: This is a fun, worth-while, nifty little app that can appeal to a wide variety of people. A recommended "show off your iPhone" toy.

Have you tried this app? What do you think?
    2010-01-11 06:07 PM
    Looks cool!
    2010-01-11 08:08 PM