User Tag List

Can anyone tell me how Skype 2.0.1. multitasking for iOS4.0 works? I'm asking as when I have Skype running in the foreground, and press the home button people can no longer see me online. It was my impression that with Skype running in the background natively, people would be able to see my online status and the phone would notify me at any incoming call / chat.

I just upgraded to iOS4 so perhaps I'm missing something; do I need to double-press the home button to have native multitasking. I can see that Skype is still running in the 'task manager' even after one press.

Any help is much appreciated.
    2010-07-24 08:29 PM
    yeah same problem here on my iPhone. apparently if your jailbroken skype backgrounding doesn't work so maybe that's the problem with yours too
    2010-07-31 11:16 PM
    yeah same problem here on my iPhone. apparently if your jailbroken skype backgrounding doesn't work so maybe that's the problem with yours too
    Ah, ok - guess it's not just me. Well if it has those sort of issues I'll just disable the native multitasking and run it in the background via Backgrounder, just like under OS3.
    2010-08-01 08:11 AM
    Can anyone give us an update of whats going on in regards to fixing this skype multi-tasking issue? maybe even keep it as a sticky - its being requested often..
    2010-08-02 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD